The Danube to Start Freezing
Within the next few days the Bulgarian stretch of the Danube River will start freezing over.
According to Georgi Georgiev of the Agency for Studying and Maintenance of the Danube, the current water temperature is 1.8ºC and with air temperatures below -10ºC by Monday, the river will start freezing over.
According to Georgiev, the ice will first appear at Silistra where the temperature on Friday morning was -20ºC, and will spread upstream towards Ruse.
- » Heavy Snow, Rain Cause Chaos Throughout Bulgaria
- » Code Orange Issued in 17 Bulgarian Districts Over First Snow
- » Bulgaria's Osam, Vit Rivers Water Levels Increasing Due to Heavy Rains
- » 7 Districts under Code Orange Weather Alert for Heavy Rain, Strong Wind
- » Code Orange Issued in Seven Bulgarian Districts Over Heavy Rains, Wind
- » Code Red For High River Waters In Western, Central Bulgaria Issued