The Danube to Start Freezing
Within the next few days the Bulgarian stretch of the Danube River will start freezing over.
According to Georgi Georgiev of the Agency for Studying and Maintenance of the Danube, the current water temperature is 1.8ºC and with air temperatures below -10ºC by Monday, the river will start freezing over.
According to Georgiev, the ice will first appear at Silistra where the temperature on Friday morning was -20ºC, and will spread upstream towards Ruse.
- » Meteorologists Warn Of Heavy Snowfall Before New Year
- » 18 Bulgarian Cities Have 'Extremely Polluted' Air
- » Bulgaria Ranks Poorly In Climate Change Performance Index
- » Extreme Weather Warnings Issued For Tuesday
- » Situation in Bulgaria's Flooded Regions Remains Adverse
- » Minor 2.5-Magnitude Earthquake Registered in Sofia