The Danube to Start Freezing
Within the next few days the Bulgarian stretch of the Danube River will start freezing over.
According to Georgi Georgiev of the Agency for Studying and Maintenance of the Danube, the current water temperature is 1.8ºC and with air temperatures below -10ºC by Monday, the river will start freezing over.
According to Georgiev, the ice will first appear at Silistra where the temperature on Friday morning was -20ºC, and will spread upstream towards Ruse.
- » Abundant Rainfall Causes Flooding in Bulgaria's Kazanlak
- » Earthquake near Sandanski Jolts Southwestern Bulgaria
- » Heavy Rains, Thunderstorms Expected in Western Bulgaria on Friday
- » Bulgaria's Weather Service Issues Rain, Thunderstorm Warning
- » Divers Get 1 T of Waste Out of Waters Near St Anastasia Island
- » State of Emergency Declared in Bulgaria’s Northwest Due to Overflowing Dams