The Danube to Start Freezing
Within the next few days the Bulgarian stretch of the Danube River will start freezing over.
According to Georgi Georgiev of the Agency for Studying and Maintenance of the Danube, the current water temperature is 1.8ºC and with air temperatures below -10ºC by Monday, the river will start freezing over.
According to Georgiev, the ice will first appear at Silistra where the temperature on Friday morning was -20ºC, and will spread upstream towards Ruse.
- » Bulgarian Village of Belozem Declares State of Emergency
- » Bulgarian Authorities Issue Red Code Over Heavy Rain, Strong Winds in Burgas
- » 15 Districts in Bulgaria under ‘Code Yellow’ Weather Alert over Heavy Rain
- » Last Circus Lions in Bulgaria Leave for South Africa
- » Bulgaria Orders Montupet to Halt Aluminium Casting Unit over Suspected Air Pollution
- » Sofia’s MBT Waste Processing Plant to Start Operating Monday