The Danube to Start Freezing
Within the next few days the Bulgarian stretch of the Danube River will start freezing over.
According to Georgi Georgiev of the Agency for Studying and Maintenance of the Danube, the current water temperature is 1.8ºC and with air temperatures below -10ºC by Monday, the river will start freezing over.
According to Georgiev, the ice will first appear at Silistra where the temperature on Friday morning was -20ºC, and will spread upstream towards Ruse.
- » EU Mulls Abandoning Carbon Tax For Intercontinental Flights
- » Bulgaria's Municipalities to Launch Eco Projects Worth BGN 180M
- » Two Light Earthquakes Registered in Bulgaria
- » 4.5 Earthquake Shakes Romania’s Vrancea
- » Bulgarian Environment Minister Praises Controversial Green Policies
- » Mild Earthquake Registered in Southwest Bulgaria