The Danube to Start Freezing
Within the next few days the Bulgarian stretch of the Danube River will start freezing over.
According to Georgi Georgiev of the Agency for Studying and Maintenance of the Danube, the current water temperature is 1.8?C and with air temperatures below -10?C by Monday, the river will start freezing over.
According to Georgiev, the ice will first appear at Silistra where the temperature on Friday morning was -20?C, and will spread upstream towards Ruse.
- » Global Climate Change is Now Affecting Bulgarian Raspberry Yield
- » NIMH: It will be Mostly Sunny Over Most of the Country Today
- » Magnitude 5 Earthquake Strikes Southwest Turkey
- » The Municipality of Sofia will Regulate the Quality of the Fuels for Domestic Combustion
- » These are the Most Polluted Cities in Bulgaria
- » Agung Volcano in Bali Threatens to Erupt