Bulgaria Maintains Above-EU Average Unemployment
The unemployment rate in Bulgaria has reached 13.1% in December according to Eurostat, up from 13% in November.
In terms of the number of people out of work, the figure has climbed to 441,000 in December, from 437,000 the previous month.
The average unemployment rate in the EU for December is 10.7%, while in the Eurozone countries it is 12%. The total number of unemployed in the EU is 26.2 million people.
Alarming is also the fact that youth unemployment in Bulgaria has gone up to 29.4% in December, up 0.6% compared to November.
- » Germany Demands Bulgaria Step Up Pace of Judicial Reform
- » EU Commission Forecasts Bulgarian Economy to Grow by 1.5 % in 2016, 2 % in 2017
- » Bulgaria to Contribute EUR 5.9 M to EU Grant for Refugees in Turkey
- » EUR 35 M of Loans to be Provided to Bulgarian SMEs under Juncker Plan
- » Eurostat: Bulgaria's Unemployment Rate Was Below EU Average in December 2015
- » GRECO Urges Bulgaria to Do More to Boost Transparency of Party Funding