Bulgaria Maintains Above-EU Average Unemployment
The unemployment rate in Bulgaria has reached 13.1% in December according to Eurostat, up from 13% in November.
In terms of the number of people out of work, the figure has climbed to 441,000 in December, from 437,000 the previous month.
The average unemployment rate in the EU for December is 10.7%, while in the Eurozone countries it is 12%. The total number of unemployed in the EU is 26.2 million people.
Alarming is also the fact that youth unemployment in Bulgaria has gone up to 29.4% in December, up 0.6% compared to November.
- » Boyko Borisov Presents the Presidency's Priorities to the European Parliament
- » Experts Argue Whether Prices Would Rise if Bulgaria Introduces the Euro
- » The Speech of Donald Tusk Delivered in Bulgarian (Video)
- » Euronews: Bulgaria is Applying for Schengen by Strictly Guarding its Border with Turkey
- » Bulgaria is Third in the EU to be Financed by the Juncker Plan in Respect to GDP
- » First Meeting of the European Commissioners in the National Palace of Culture