Bulgaria Maintains Above-EU Average Unemployment
The unemployment rate in Bulgaria has reached 13.1% in December according to Eurostat, up from 13% in November.
In terms of the number of people out of work, the figure has climbed to 441,000 in December, from 437,000 the previous month.
The average unemployment rate in the EU for December is 10.7%, while in the Eurozone countries it is 12%. The total number of unemployed in the EU is 26.2 million people.
Alarming is also the fact that youth unemployment in Bulgaria has gone up to 29.4% in December, up 0.6% compared to November.
- » Bulgaria's Defence Minister to Call for Common EU Policy on Tackling Refugee Wave
- » World Bank to Help Bulgaria Improve Absorption of EU Funds
- » Bulgaria Plans to Initiate EU Discussion to Make Anti-IS Strategy More Efficient
- » Workers from Bulgaria, Romania Arriving in Britain Nearly Double in Year to March
- » Bulgarian Farmers Invited to Apply for EU Funding of EUR 50 M for New Equipment
- » Serbian Minister Criticizes Bulgaria for Sending Troops to Macedonian Border