Berbatov Set to Join Monaco – Report
Fulham’s Bulgarian striker Dimitar Berbatov is on the verge of a surprising move to French side Monaco, according to reports.
The Daily Mail says the big-spending French club have moved for the experienced Bulgarian as they are lacking cover for injured star Radamel Falcao, who underwent successful surgery on a knee injury last week.
According to Sky Sports, Berbatov is due to have a medical with Monaco ahead of the expected deadline-day move.
Earlier reports suggested that Berbatov, who turned 33 on Thursday, may join Tottenham until the end of the season in a swap deal involving Lewis Holtby. Holtby joined Fulham on a loan deal earlier on Friday.
- » CSKA Sofia Claims Bulgarian Cup in Historic Final
- » Two Bulgarian Mountaineers Ascend World's Fifth Highest Peak
- » Tsvetana Pironkova Remains Sole Bulgarian Representative at Roland Garros
- » Tennis: Bulgaria's Dimitrov to Face Serbia's Troicki in Postponed Match in Paris Monday
- » Tennis: Bulgaria’s Dimitrov Faces Serbia’s Troicki in Paris Sunday
- » Poll Names Bulgaria's Dimitrov 'Most Overrated Tennis Player'