Berbatov Set to Join Monaco – Report
Fulham’s Bulgarian striker Dimitar Berbatov is on the verge of a surprising move to French side Monaco, according to reports.
The Daily Mail says the big-spending French club have moved for the experienced Bulgarian as they are lacking cover for injured star Radamel Falcao, who underwent successful surgery on a knee injury last week.
According to Sky Sports, Berbatov is due to have a medical with Monaco ahead of the expected deadline-day move.
Earlier reports suggested that Berbatov, who turned 33 on Thursday, may join Tottenham until the end of the season in a swap deal involving Lewis Holtby. Holtby joined Fulham on a loan deal earlier on Friday.
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Loses to Andy Murray in Australian Open 1/8 Finals
- » Grigor Dimitrov Beats Baghdatis, Reaches Australian Open 1/8 Finals
- » Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova Crashes Out of Australian Open
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Proceeds to Third Round in Melbourne
- » Tsvetana Pironkova Defeats Heather Watson in Australian Open First Round
- » Bulgaria to Provide BGN 1.1 M for Hosting U-17 Euro in 2015