Berbatov Set to Join Monaco – Report
Fulham’s Bulgarian striker Dimitar Berbatov is on the verge of a surprising move to French side Monaco, according to reports.
The Daily Mail says the big-spending French club have moved for the experienced Bulgarian as they are lacking cover for injured star Radamel Falcao, who underwent successful surgery on a knee injury last week.
According to Sky Sports, Berbatov is due to have a medical with Monaco ahead of the expected deadline-day move.
Earlier reports suggested that Berbatov, who turned 33 on Thursday, may join Tottenham until the end of the season in a swap deal involving Lewis Holtby. Holtby joined Fulham on a loan deal earlier on Friday.
- » Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov Reaches Semifinals in Istanbul
- » Stiliyan Petrov Could Also Return to Bulgaria’s National Football Team
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Secures Tough Victory over World's No. 194
- » Bulgaria's Stiliyan Petrov Considers Renewing His Professional Football Career
- » Bulgaria's Haskovo to Recognise Grigor Dimitrov as Honorary Citizen
- » Berbatov, Martin Petrov Join Stoichkov's Birthday Show