Berbatov Set to Join Monaco – Report
Fulham’s Bulgarian striker Dimitar Berbatov is on the verge of a surprising move to French side Monaco, according to reports.
The Daily Mail says the big-spending French club have moved for the experienced Bulgarian as they are lacking cover for injured star Radamel Falcao, who underwent successful surgery on a knee injury last week.
According to Sky Sports, Berbatov is due to have a medical with Monaco ahead of the expected deadline-day move.
Earlier reports suggested that Berbatov, who turned 33 on Thursday, may join Tottenham until the end of the season in a swap deal involving Lewis Holtby. Holtby joined Fulham on a loan deal earlier on Friday.
- » Bulgaria's Leading Telecom Becomes Sponsor of Levski Sofia Football Club
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Signs Brazilian Left Back as Eighth New Player
- » Bulgaria's Sesil Karatancheva Proceeds to Second Round of ITF Tournament in Poland
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Signs Promising Sao Paulo Winger
- » Bulgaria's Stoevi Sisters Win Russian Open Grand Prix
- » Multifunctional Sports Hall to Open next to Sofia Central Railway Station