Berbatov Set to Join Monaco – Report
Fulham’s Bulgarian striker Dimitar Berbatov is on the verge of a surprising move to French side Monaco, according to reports.
The Daily Mail says the big-spending French club have moved for the experienced Bulgarian as they are lacking cover for injured star Radamel Falcao, who underwent successful surgery on a knee injury last week.
According to Sky Sports, Berbatov is due to have a medical with Monaco ahead of the expected deadline-day move.
Earlier reports suggested that Berbatov, who turned 33 on Thursday, may join Tottenham until the end of the season in a swap deal involving Lewis Holtby. Holtby joined Fulham on a loan deal earlier on Friday.
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Suffers Heavy Defeat, Ousted at Opening of Roland Garros
- » Bulgaria's Sesil Karatancheva Beats Former No.1 at Opening of Roland Garros
- » Bulgaria's CSKA Sofia Appeals Revocation of Licence
- » Bulgaria Scores Gold, Silver Medals at Rhythmic Gymnastics World Cup in Tashkent
- » Bulgarian Football Union to Determine Fate of CSKA Sofia
- » Bulgaria's Sesil Karatancheva Reaches Last Round of Roland Garros Qualifiers