Over Half of Bulgaria's University Graduates Studied in Vain
Fifty-four percent of the university graduates in Bulgaria have jobs, which don't require a university degree.
The unemployment rate among university graduates is 4.15%, shows a rating survey of Bulgarian universities, published on Friday. It compares 51 universities in 52 professional areas based on 70 indicators, measuring various aspects of the educational process and the success of their graduates on the labor market.
The ratings for 2013 show that 20 different universities have a top spot in at least one professional area. Leading is the Sofia University with 18 professional areas, followed by the Medical University in Sofia and the Technical University in Sofia.
Most successful in finding a job are the medics and those with a degree in military studies.
The most well paid are the specialist in IT, mining, mathematics, medicine and political science.
- » Bulgarian Cabinet Provides BGN 26 M to Municipalities for Education
- » 10 % Rise of Teachers' Salaries Has Not Been Discused with Bulgarian PM
- » Bulgarian Education Minister Foresees 10 % Increase in Teachers' Salaries in 2017
- » 12 000 Bulgarian Teachers to Gather at National Council in Sofia
- » Cabinet Allocates BGN 300 000 to Global Libraries – Bulgaria Project
- » Bulgaria's Universities Hold Chinese Language Competition