Bulgaria’s Eco-Minister Concerned about National Park Construction
Bulgaria's Ministry of Environment and Waters will closely monitor the issue with construction in the preserved Strandzha Nature Park.
"There is no point in constructing concrete monsters, which would destroy this for which people come to see Bulgaria", Minister Iskra Mihaylova told the daily Pressa.
Tuesday evening about, 1 000 Bulgarians braced the freezing cold and wind to stage a protest rally in the capital Sofia against plans to allow construction in preserved coastal areas of the Strandzha mountain.
The Ecology Minister said she was genuinely understanding of the people's wish to save the nature.
Nonetheless, Mihaylova was unclear about the environmental assessment of the construction plan. She mentioned that at a certain stage of the court case for the general development plan of Tsarevo, the ministry withdrew its evaluation, but this did not mean that it is annulled.
- » Thunderstorms, Hail Expected in Western Bulgaria on Monday
- » Bulgaria at risk of losing more money in EU-funded eco projects
- » Temperatures Sharply Go Down across Bulgaria on Friday
- » Wildfire Danger Extends to 16 Bulgarian Regions on Thursday
- » Heavy Rain, Thunderstorms to Hit Bulgaria on Thursday, Friday
- » Half of Bulgaria Under Highest Fire Danger Alert on Tuesday