BBLF Charity Ball Raises Funds for Breast Cancer, Abandoned Babies
The 6th annual Grand Charity Ball of the Bulgarian Business Leaders Forum (BBLF) managed to raise BGN 25,000 for the prevention of breast cancer and abandonment of newborn babies.
Most of the proceeds came from the charity auction, where an Aston Villa shirt signed by Stiliyan Petrov, a football signed by the Bulgarian national team, a hand-made Vietnamese vase, and a designer watch from Maxim Behar's personal collection were among the items sold.
Over 80 business people representing BBLF member companies as well as friends, partners and supporters of the Forum arrived at Sredets Hall of Sheraton Sofia Hotel demonstrating commitment to the event's mission.
"I have come to express my deep gratitude to all of you. Once again, you provide evidence there are causes in this country today that unite us and there are people willing to give back", Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova said in her opening address.
"Giving to good causes is part of the Forum's DNA. I believe that our commitment tonight can change many people's lives and provide a sound footing for this country's future", Iravan Hira, the BBLF chairman said.
The number 19 t-shirt was the tender's unquestionable smash hit. Journalist Lyuba Pashova got it from Stiliyan Petrov himself a couple of days before his emotional charitable game last September at Celtic Park in Glasgow when he had just won his battle with leukemia. Now Zoya Paunova of Astra Zeneca is privileged to have it.
Popular theatre actor and TV host Aleksandar Kadiev once again took the role of an event host, boosting the good spirits with his artistic flare.
- » Bulgaria MPs Vote to Begin Every Session with National Anthem
- » Bulgarian MPs Approve Aid for Unemployed Who Find Work Far from Hometown
- » Orthodox Christians Hail St Demetrius
- » Bulgaria's President: New Education Models Must Reflect Migration, Demographic Problems
- » Over 60 Cases of Pedophiles Online Uncovered So Far in 2016 in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Rakursi Gallery To Present Moonlight Reflections-Guanlan by Veliko Marinchevski