Increase in Turkish Tourists to Bulgaria
Bulgaria's ski resorts are increasingly attracting tourists from Turkey.
"In the winter tourist season 2012/2013, the numbers of Turkish tourists grew by 61%, posting the most significant growth", said the Deputy Minister of Economy and Energy Branimir Botev, quoted by Dnevnik.
Botev is in Istanbul to attend the 18th East Mediterranean International Travel & Tourism Exhibition (EMITT 2014) and have meetings with representatives of the Turkish association of tour operators and tour agencies (TURSAB).
It is expected that Turkish tourist agencies will visit the Bansko ski resort, as well as SPA and golf resorts and balneotherapy centers.
- » Bulgaria Launches EU-funded Advertising Campaign to Boost Domestic Tourism
- » Bulgaria, Turkey to Develop Joint Tourism Product
- » Bulgaria to Spend BGN 5.5 M on Advertising Tourism in 2015
- » Govt, Environmentalists Can Reach Joint Decisions on Ski Tourism - Minister
- » Bulgaria Celebrates 120th Anniversary of Tourist Movement
- » Bulgaria to Be Split Into 9 Tourist Regions by End of January