Increase in Turkish Tourists to Bulgaria
Bulgaria's ski resorts are increasingly attracting tourists from Turkey.
"In the winter tourist season 2012/2013, the numbers of Turkish tourists grew by 61%, posting the most significant growth", said the Deputy Minister of Economy and Energy Branimir Botev, quoted by Dnevnik.
Botev is in Istanbul to attend the 18th East Mediterranean International Travel & Tourism Exhibition (EMITT 2014) and have meetings with representatives of the Turkish association of tour operators and tour agencies (TURSAB).
It is expected that Turkish tourist agencies will visit the Bansko ski resort, as well as SPA and golf resorts and balneotherapy centers.
- » Over 700 000 Germans Visited Bulgaria for Tourism Purposes in 2014 - Minister
- » Bulgarian Ambassador Vows Visa Simplification for Russian Tourists in 2015
- » More Bulgarians Went on Business Trips, Holidays Abroad in January
- » It's Bohemian: Bulgaria's Plovdiv is Among World's Most Attractive Cities
- » Positive Results Noted for Bulgarian Tourism after PR Campaign
- » Bulgaria Expects 3-4% Increase in Tourist Numbers in 2015 Summer Season