Increase in Turkish Tourists to Bulgaria
Bulgaria's ski resorts are increasingly attracting tourists from Turkey.
"In the winter tourist season 2012/2013, the numbers of Turkish tourists grew by 61%, posting the most significant growth", said the Deputy Minister of Economy and Energy Branimir Botev, quoted by Dnevnik.
Botev is in Istanbul to attend the 18th East Mediterranean International Travel & Tourism Exhibition (EMITT 2014) and have meetings with representatives of the Turkish association of tour operators and tour agencies (TURSAB).
It is expected that Turkish tourist agencies will visit the Bansko ski resort, as well as SPA and golf resorts and balneotherapy centers.
- » Bulgaria's Varna Registers Higher Revenues, Fewer Tourists in Summer 2014
- » Bulgaria's Tourism Sees Growth in Revenue, Number of Visits in 2014
- » Bulgaria's St. Anastasia Island Attracts Over 45,000 Tourists in Summer Months
- » Number Of Tourists In Bulgaria Drops
- » Banitsa, Coffee, Pickled Egg Each Worth USD 1 in Different European Countries - Survey
- » Balkan Holidays Adds 4 Belfast-Burgas Flights for Summer 2015