Russia Angered by Kerry's Ukraine Opposition Meetings
Russia has reacted strongly to US Secretary of State John Kerry's planned weekend meeting with Ukrainian opposition leaders.
Russian Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin called Kerry's upcoming meetings a 'circus' in a tweet on Friday.
“It's also necessary to involve Verka Serdyuchka in the talks,” Rogozin controversially remarked, referring to a popular Ukrainian drag queen character.
Kerry is scheduled to meet former boxing champion Vitali Klitschko, leader of the UDAR (Punch) party and opposition leader Arseniy Yatsenyuk on the sidelines of the annual Munich Security Conference on Saturday.
On Thursday, protesters in Ukraine rejected the terms of the new amnesty law, which was hastily tabled with hopes it will end the months-long and relentless protests in the country.
- » Hundreds of Migrants Feared Dead as Boat Sinks off Libya
- » Greek President Appoints Caretaker Prime Minister Ahead of Early Elections
- » Austrian Authorities Find At Least Twenty Dead Migrants in Truck
- » Don’t Take Hitchhikers in Greece, Bulgaria Tells Its Motorists
- » Hungary Fires Tear Gas to Prevent Migrants to Leave Reception Centre
- » Serbia, Kosovo Mark Progress in Relations After Signing Four Key Agreements