Sofia Film Fest Starts on March 6
The 18th edition of the Sofia International Film Festival starts in Sofia on March 6 with a premiere of the Bulgarian film "Sudilishteto" (The Court House).
The screenings in Sofia, Burgas, Plovdiv and Varna will continue until the end of March.
The unofficial program starts with a retrospective of Lars Von Trier in the Cinema House in Sofia on February 28. It will include Von Trier's latest film - "Nymphomaniac", whose second part was recently banned for public screening in Romania as too sexually explicit.
The festival program includes about 160 titles. "The films will either be too many, or just enough to give us pleasure", said the festival director Stefan Kitanov at a press conference.
- » New High-Tech Theater Performance Premieres in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian President Calls for Turning Cinema into National Priority
- » New Spring Season of Future Shorts Film Festival Comes to Sofia
- » Bulgarian Fantasy Animation Based on Traditional Folklore to be Released Soon
- » Thracian Treasures Arrive in Paris's Louvre for Three-Month Exhibition
- » Andrey Zvyagintsev's Acclaimed Movie Leviathan Premieres at Sofia International Film Festival