BBC: Tory Rebels Stand Firm over Immigration Plans
Some Conservative backbenchers could also vote against the government by backing a demand to reintroduce the working restrictions Romanians and Bulgarian, BBC reported.
The labor market restrictions were lifted at the start of the year.
A vote on this was originally due before Christmas, with some critics claiming it had been delayed to avoid a rebellion.
But support for this amendment to the bill is thought to be waning, with the focus shifting instead to the foreign criminal and human rights issue.
Some Conservative MPs fear the government amendments to the Immigration Bill could deprive them of the chance to debate proposals that could bring Britain into conflict with the European Court of Human Rights.
The rebel amendment enters the Commons on Thursday.
- » EU Commission Asks Bulgaria to Implement Bank Recovery, Resolution Directive
- » Visit of EU Regional Policy Commissioner to Bulgaria Postponed to June
- » EU Commission Approves Bulgaria's Rural Development Programme
- » Eurostars Representatives to Present to Bulgarian SMEs Opportunities for Accessing Grants
- » Bulgaria, Croatia Unanimous on Need of Western Balkans' Integration into EU
- » Five Bulgarian Regions among EU’s Ten Poorest in 2013