Berbatov May Return to Tottenham in Swap Move
Fulham’s Bulgarian striker Dimitar Berbatov may rejoin Tottenham in a swap deal involving Lewis Holtby, according to reports.
Fulham are content for Berbatov to leave Craven Cottage in the next 48 hours for a cut-price fee of around GBP 1.5 M, but only if they can secure a replacement forward, Goal.com reports.
The Cottagers are expected to continue negotiating for Olympiakos striker Kostas Mitroglou on Thursday as they assess Tottenham's interest in a swap involving Berbatov and Holtby.
Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is reportedly interested in a cut-price deal to re-sign Berbatov until the end of the season, with Jermain Defoe due to move to Toronto FC next month.
Recent reports suggest that Berbatov, who turns 33 on Thursday, may like to leave Fulham.
- » Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova Ousted in First Round of Wimbledon
- » CSKA Sofia Returns to Bulgaria's Top Football Division
- » Bulgarian Defender Ivan Ivanov joins Greece’s Football Club Panathinaikos
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Makes It Past Wimbledon's 1st Round
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Starts in Wimbledon on Monday
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov to Face Bjorn Fratangelo at Wimbledon