Ukrainian Opposition Protests Amnesty Law
The Ukrainian parliament has passed, without oppositon votes, a law giving amnesty to those participating in massive street protests.
The pardon is conditional on people's withdrawal from protest rallies, including in recently occupied administrative and government buildings.
The termination of protests was a requirement opposition parties stood up against.
Opposition MPs also criticized the act's rushing through the legislative procedure, which they said is in breach of the Ukrainian parliament's statute.
As temperatures have remained forbidding in the past few days, protests in Ukraine have persevered.
- » Hungary Drops Draft Internet Tax Bill After Protests
- » Bulgaria Drops in Anti-Bribery Enforcement Ranking - Report
- » Sweden Recognizes Palestinian State
- » Turkey’s Q3 Tourism Revenue Rises 11% Y/Y
- » NATO Reports 'Unusual' Increase Of Russian Warplanes Over Europe
- » Military Plane Crashes in California, Killing Pilot