Ukrainian Opposition Protests Amnesty Law
The Ukrainian parliament has passed, without oppositon votes, a law giving amnesty to those participating in massive street protests.
The pardon is conditional on people's withdrawal from protest rallies, including in recently occupied administrative and government buildings.
The termination of protests was a requirement opposition parties stood up against.
Opposition MPs also criticized the act's rushing through the legislative procedure, which they said is in breach of the Ukrainian parliament's statute.
As temperatures have remained forbidding in the past few days, protests in Ukraine have persevered.
- » ECB to Stop Producing EUR 500 Note
- » EU Recommends Visa-Free Travel for Turkish Citizens
- » EU Proposes to Extend Border Controls inside Schengen Area
- » EU Proposes Visa-Free Travel to Schengen Zone for Kosovo Citizens
- » Turkey's Davutoglu Reportedly Mulls Resignation
- » Bulgaria's IntMin in Turkey to Sign Readmission Agreement