Ukrainian Opposition Protests Amnesty Law
The Ukrainian parliament has passed, without oppositon votes, a law giving amnesty to those participating in massive street protests.
The pardon is conditional on people's withdrawal from protest rallies, including in recently occupied administrative and government buildings.
The termination of protests was a requirement opposition parties stood up against.
Opposition MPs also criticized the act's rushing through the legislative procedure, which they said is in breach of the Ukrainian parliament's statute.
As temperatures have remained forbidding in the past few days, protests in Ukraine have persevered.
- » Iraq Starts Airstrikes on IS with Help from New Intelligence Data Centre
- » Moldova Joins EU’s CESEC Gas Connectivity Initiative
- » Two Mines Fall on Site of Russian Embassy Compound in Damascus, No One Injured
- » MH17 Hit by Russian-Made Buk Missile - Dutch Report
- » Israel Attacks Leave at Least 2 Dead, Many Wounded
- » EU Ready to Temporarily Lift Belarus Sanctions