Ukrainian Opposition Protests Amnesty Law
The Ukrainian parliament has passed, without oppositon votes, a law giving amnesty to those participating in massive street protests.
The pardon is conditional on people's withdrawal from protest rallies, including in recently occupied administrative and government buildings.
The termination of protests was a requirement opposition parties stood up against.
Opposition MPs also criticized the act's rushing through the legislative procedure, which they said is in breach of the Ukrainian parliament's statute.
As temperatures have remained forbidding in the past few days, protests in Ukraine have persevered.
- » BSP's Ninova Nominated for Vice President of Socialist International
- » Athens Blocked by 24-Hour Strike of Public Transport Employees
- » Women Serving in Turkish Army Allowed To Wear Islamic Headdress
- » Tension Between Greece, Turkey in Aegean Sea
- » EU To Put End To Tax Avoidance by MNCs
- » Juncker: Great Britain Will Pay Stiff Price for Brexit