Ukrainian Opposition Protests Amnesty Law
The Ukrainian parliament has passed, without oppositon votes, a law giving amnesty to those participating in massive street protests.
The pardon is conditional on people's withdrawal from protest rallies, including in recently occupied administrative and government buildings.
The termination of protests was a requirement opposition parties stood up against.
Opposition MPs also criticized the act's rushing through the legislative procedure, which they said is in breach of the Ukrainian parliament's statute.
As temperatures have remained forbidding in the past few days, protests in Ukraine have persevered.
- » George Bush Hospitalised Day after Wife’s Funeral
- » Putin will take an Unprecedented Decision after his Inauguration
- » EU Regulator Investigates Alitalia State Loan
- » Population Depletion Threatens the Economies of Eastern Europe
- » 20 Killed, 40 Wounded in Air Raid on Yemen Wedding
- » Erdoğan's Call For Peace a Positive Step, Greece Says