Bulgarian Tourist Sector Sees Increase in Overnight Stays
Bulgaria is among the EU countries in which overnight stays in tourist accommodation has increased the most.
Bulgaria is in 5th place among the 28 member states with a hike of 6.2% in 2013, Eurostat data shows.
The highest relative increases were posted in Greece, Malta, Latvia and the UK.
The highest number of nights spent in tourist accommodation establishments in 2013 were recorded in France (405 M nights, plus 1.1% year-on-year),
The list is followed by Spain (387 M, +1.0%), Italy (363 M, -4.6%), Germany (355 M, +1.3%) and the UK (320 M, +6.5%). These five member states accounted for 70% of the total number of nights spent in tourist accommodation establishments in the EU.
For comparison, the number of nights in Bulgaria was 21.5 M. Of those, 14.3 M were by non-Bulgarian residents and 7.2 M by locals.
According to Eurostat, the total number of nights spent in tourist accommodation in the EU was record with 2.6 B.
- » Plovdiv Airport to Receive Chartered Flights from Turkey
- » Bulgaria's Winter Resorts Open Ski Season
- » Ski Legend Girardelli to Advise Bulgaria’s Tourism Minister
- » Bulgaria May Advertise As Tourist Destination In Spain
- » Bulgaria to Ease Visa Issuing for Turkish Tourists During Winter
- » Bulgaria To Create E-Registry of Its Tourist Destinations