Sofia Man Commits Suicide in Presence of Police
A Bulgarian man has committed Wednesday a grisly suicide in the capital Sofia before the very eyes of the police.
A call has been placed to the police around 10 am, alerting that a man was threatening to kill his family in apartment building 9 in the district of Darvenitsa.
In an apparent case of domestic dispute and violence, the man, 34, has grabbed a knife and threatened to kill the other people inside the apartment. When police arrived at the scene, he fatally stabbed himself with the knife in the abdominal area.
Police are interrogating witnesses and are searching the premises. Pre-trial proceedings have been launched. The reason for the dispute remains unknown.
- » Prosecution To Demand Permanent Arrest For 7 Detained In Pazardzhik
- » Detained Imam Ahmed Musa 'Dreamed Bulgaria Could Wave IS Flag'
- » Bulgaria Charges Seven with Promoting Islamic State, Propagating War
- » Pazardzhik Imam Charged With Membership of War-Propagating Group
- » Five Detained in Pazardzhik Released, Imam Remains Under Arrest
- » Bulgaria Nationalist Leader Volen Siderov Gives Up Immunity