Sofia Man Commits Suicide in Presence of Police
A Bulgarian man has committed Wednesday a grisly suicide in the capital Sofia before the very eyes of the police.
A call has been placed to the police around 10 am, alerting that a man was threatening to kill his family in apartment building 9 in the district of Darvenitsa.
In an apparent case of domestic dispute and violence, the man, 34, has grabbed a knife and threatened to kill the other people inside the apartment. When police arrived at the scene, he fatally stabbed himself with the knife in the abdominal area.
Police are interrogating witnesses and are searching the premises. Pre-trial proceedings have been launched. The reason for the dispute remains unknown.
- » Sofia Court Postpones Decision on Extradition of Technomarket Co-founder to Italy
- » Bulgaria to Rule on Technomarket CEO's Extradition to Italy
- » Suspect for Brutal Murderer of 60-Year-old British Woman Arrested by Bulgarian Police
- » Serbia Police Find Weapons, Ammo in Bulgarian Train
- » Englishwoman Reportedly Found Dead in Bulgarian Village, Murder Suspected
- » Bulgaria’s Sopharma CEO Ognian Donev Charged with BGN 63 M Tax Evasion