Sofia Man Commits Suicide in Presence of Police
A Bulgarian man has committed Wednesday a grisly suicide in the capital Sofia before the very eyes of the police.
A call has been placed to the police around 10 am, alerting that a man was threatening to kill his family in apartment building 9 in the district of Darvenitsa.
In an apparent case of domestic dispute and violence, the man, 34, has grabbed a knife and threatened to kill the other people inside the apartment. When police arrived at the scene, he fatally stabbed himself with the knife in the abdominal area.
Police are interrogating witnesses and are searching the premises. Pre-trial proceedings have been launched. The reason for the dispute remains unknown.
- » Bulgaria’s Prosecuting Authority Starts Probe Over Bribe Claims of Defense Minister
- » Bulgaria Counter-Terrorism Officer Detained at Border with Turkey
- » Bulgarian Midwife Remains in Detention after Severely Wounding Baby
- » Sofia Appellate Court Upholds Judge Chenalova's Release on Bail
- » Attacker of Bulgarian Politician Ahmed Dogan Conclusively Sentenced to 3 1/2 Years in Prison
- » Bulgarian Police Detains 17 Illegal Immigrants Near Stara Zagora