Sofia Man Commits Suicide in Presence of Police
A Bulgarian man has committed Wednesday a grisly suicide in the capital Sofia before the very eyes of the police.
A call has been placed to the police around 10 am, alerting that a man was threatening to kill his family in apartment building 9 in the district of Darvenitsa.
In an apparent case of domestic dispute and violence, the man, 34, has grabbed a knife and threatened to kill the other people inside the apartment. When police arrived at the scene, he fatally stabbed himself with the knife in the abdominal area.
Police are interrogating witnesses and are searching the premises. Pre-trial proceedings have been launched. The reason for the dispute remains unknown.
- » Police in Italy Seize 400kg of Marijuana from Bulgarian-registered Van
- » Bulgarian Authorities Detain 46 People Suspected of Human Smuggling
- » “I would hate to see someone else in my situation,” Len Homeniuk tells Globe and Mail
- » Bulgaria to Extradite Suspect in Migrant Truck Deaths to Austria
- » Sofia Court Relaunches Money Laundering Case against Alleged Drug Lord Evelin Banev
- » Trial against Alleged Bulgarian Drug Lord to Continue in Sofia