End of Hope for Bulgarian Men Wooing Hong Kong Tycoon Gay Daughter
The lesbian daughter of a Hong Kong billionaire, who was flooded with marriage proposals by men from around the world, including Bulgaria, has made it clear they have no chance.
The daughter of a Hong Kong tycoon has urged her father in an open letter to accept she is a lesbian, after he offered millions to find her a husband.
Gigi Chao says Cecil Chao should accept her partner and "treat her like a normal, dignified human being".
Chao, 33, who married her long-term partner Sean Eav in France in 2012, also emphasised: "There are plenty of good men, they are just not for me."
Chao last week reportedly offered to double his 2012 offer of USD 65 M. .
Chao, a property and shipping tycoon who himself has never married, told the BBC last year that his daughter needed a "good husband".
He said at the time that his monetary offer for any man to woo his daughter had generated many replies from potential suitors.
The letter by Ms Chao, a socialite and businesswoman, was published in at least two Hong Kong newspapers, including the South China Morning Post newspaper on Tuesday.
In it she said she was sorry that people had been saying "insensitive things" about her father.
"The truth is, they don't understand that I will always forgive you for thinking the way you do, because I know you think you are acting in my best interests," she said.
"As your daughter, I would want nothing more than to make you happy. But in terms of relationships, your expectations of me and the reality of who I am, are not coherent."
- » EU Leaders Hope UK Will Remain Close Partner After Brexit
- » Turkey Has Not Yet Confirmed Suspension of Readmission Agreement with Bulgaria
- » Northern Irish Deputy First Minister Calls for Poll on Unification with Ireland
- » IntMin: Migrant Pressure on Bulgaria Has Decreased This Year
- » Scotland Plans Second Independence Referendum After UK Votes for Brexit
- » EU Must Focus on Pillars of Unity after UK’s Leave Vote, Thorbjorn Jagland Says