End of Hope for Bulgarian Men Wooing Hong Kong Tycoon Gay Daughter
The lesbian daughter of a Hong Kong billionaire, who was flooded with marriage proposals by men from around the world, including Bulgaria, has made it clear they have no chance.
The daughter of a Hong Kong tycoon has urged her father in an open letter to accept she is a lesbian, after he offered millions to find her a husband.
Gigi Chao says Cecil Chao should accept her partner and "treat her like a normal, dignified human being".
Chao, 33, who married her long-term partner Sean Eav in France in 2012, also emphasised: "There are plenty of good men, they are just not for me."
Chao last week reportedly offered to double his 2012 offer of USD 65 M. .
Chao, a property and shipping tycoon who himself has never married, told the BBC last year that his daughter needed a "good husband".
He said at the time that his monetary offer for any man to woo his daughter had generated many replies from potential suitors.
The letter by Ms Chao, a socialite and businesswoman, was published in at least two Hong Kong newspapers, including the South China Morning Post newspaper on Tuesday.
In it she said she was sorry that people had been saying "insensitive things" about her father.
"The truth is, they don't understand that I will always forgive you for thinking the way you do, because I know you think you are acting in my best interests," she said.
"As your daughter, I would want nothing more than to make you happy. But in terms of relationships, your expectations of me and the reality of who I am, are not coherent."
- » Russia Plans to Strengthen Control of Turkish Food Imports
- » 15 People Killed, 10 Others Injured as Russian Helicopter Crashes in Eastern Siberia
- » EU Commission President Says Schengen Is “Partly Comatose”
- » Germany Promises Further Assistance to France in Fight Against Terrorism
- » Surviving Pilot Says Turkey Issued No Warning Before Shooting down Russian Warplane
- » IS Group Claims Responsibility for Tunis Blast