Bulgaria to Open Consulate in Erbil, Iraq
Bulgaria's government has decided to open a consulate in the city of Erbil in northeastern Iraq.
The consulate will serve the provinces Erbil, Sulaymaniyah and Erhuk.
Erbil is the fourth largest city in Iraq after Baghdad, Basra and Mosul. It has a population of 1.3 million people and is the capital of Kurdistan region of Iraq.
In the beginning of 2013, Bulgaria reopened its embassy in Baghdad, which was closed in 2003 at the start of the war.
- » Boris Johnson Discusses European Security with Bulgaria FM
- » Bulgaria Cannot React to Turkish President's 'Wideness of Heart' - FM
- » EU Sets Deadline for Belgium To Overcome Walloon Resistance to CETA
- » Iraqi PM Declines Offer of Turkish Help in Battle for Mosul
- » Canada Abolishes Visas for Bulgarians As Of December 1, 2017
- » Donald Tusk: Russia's Strategy Is To Weaken EU