Bulgaria to Open Consulate in Erbil, Iraq
Bulgaria's government has decided to open a consulate in the city of Erbil in northeastern Iraq.
The consulate will serve the provinces Erbil, Sulaymaniyah and Erhuk.
Erbil is the fourth largest city in Iraq after Baghdad, Basra and Mosul. It has a population of 1.3 million people and is the capital of Kurdistan region of Iraq.
In the beginning of 2013, Bulgaria reopened its embassy in Baghdad, which was closed in 2003 at the start of the war.
- » Pope Francis Receives Bulgarian PM, Delegation at Audience in Vatican
- » Bulgarian PM, Delegation to Have Audience with Pope Francis
- » Bulgaria’s PM, Georgian Counterpart Discuss Bilateral Cooperation
- » Ex-Foreign Min Warns against Bulgaria's Harsh Tone on Russia
- » Bulgaria's Neynski 'In Talks over Turkey Mission'
- » Foreign Ministry Has No Info about Bulgarian Officials Being Denied US Visas