Bulgaria to Open Consulate in Erbil, Iraq
Bulgaria's government has decided to open a consulate in the city of Erbil in northeastern Iraq.
The consulate will serve the provinces Erbil, Sulaymaniyah and Erhuk.
Erbil is the fourth largest city in Iraq after Baghdad, Basra and Mosul. It has a population of 1.3 million people and is the capital of Kurdistan region of Iraq.
In the beginning of 2013, Bulgaria reopened its embassy in Baghdad, which was closed in 2003 at the start of the war.
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister, WJC Delegation Discuss Challenges to Regional, Global Security
- » Bulgarian PM Presents Energy Projects to German President
- » Germany's President to Pay 2-Day Visit to Bulgaira
- » Bulgaria Made no Commitments to Join Regional Naval Force in the Black Sea - Mitov
- » Bulgaria Calls for Concerted Approach to Crises at CEI Meeting
- » Israeli Tourists Visiting Bulgaria Increase 30% in 2015