Bulgaria to Open Consulate in Erbil, Iraq
Bulgaria's government has decided to open a consulate in the city of Erbil in northeastern Iraq.
The consulate will serve the provinces Erbil, Sulaymaniyah and Erhuk.
Erbil is the fourth largest city in Iraq after Baghdad, Basra and Mosul. It has a population of 1.3 million people and is the capital of Kurdistan region of Iraq.
In the beginning of 2013, Bulgaria reopened its embassy in Baghdad, which was closed in 2003 at the start of the war.
- » Roderick Moore to Serve as Interim US Chargе d’Affaires in Sofia
- » Bulgaria's Future Ambassador to Turkey to Place Emphasis on Border Security
- » Bulgaria Expresses Solidarity with Turkey – FM
- » EU Solidarity Key to Tackling Common Challenges, Mogherini Says on Bulgaria Visit
- » Bulgaria’s Foreign Ministry to Teach US Visa Applicants How to Avoid Formal Errors
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov to Pay One-Day Working Visit to Bavaria