Bulgaria to Open Consulate in Erbil, Iraq
Bulgaria's government has decided to open a consulate in the city of Erbil in northeastern Iraq.
The consulate will serve the provinces Erbil, Sulaymaniyah and Erhuk.
Erbil is the fourth largest city in Iraq after Baghdad, Basra and Mosul. It has a population of 1.3 million people and is the capital of Kurdistan region of Iraq.
In the beginning of 2013, Bulgaria reopened its embassy in Baghdad, which was closed in 2003 at the start of the war.
- » Bulgaria, Turkey PMs to Meet in Istanbul on Wednesday
- » Bulgaria Can Contribute to Europe’s Security, Borisov Tells Jagland
- » EU Working Hard on Bulgaria's Accession to Schengen, Tusk Tells Borisov
- » Bulgaria President Says Support for Macedonia 'Not Unconditional'
- » Norway Closing Embassy in Sofia to Tighten Up Budget
- » PM Borisov: Turkey Is Saving Bulgaria, Europe from Refugee Wave