Bulgarian Audit Office Asks Parties to Declare Expenses over BGN 1000
Bulgaria's National Audit Office (NAO) has tabled a proposal to change the law on political parties.
According to it, each party would be mandated to disclose all its monthly expenses over BGN 1000.
The parties should further list the reason for the expense, made from their State subsidy, and its recipient.
The proposal to amend the Political Parties Act has been sent to the Speaker of the Parliament, Mihail Mikov, by the Head of NAO Prof Valeri Dimitrov.
NAO grounds the proposal on the need to increase transparency of spending and giving the institution more means to exercise effective control on parties' fiscal activities, their revenues and their expenses.
- » Greece to Request Approval for Corporate Tax Cuts
- » Bulgaria's Debt Was EU's Second-Lowest in 2013
- » Some 200,000 Bulgarians Yet to File Tax Declarations - NRA
- » Bulgaria to Host 2015 IMF, World Bank Meeting
- » Bulgarian Finance Minister Meets IMF Representatives in Washington
- » Bulgaria's Municipalities to Get EUR 630 M Under EU Program