Bulgarian Audit Office Asks Parties to Declare Expenses over BGN 1000
Bulgaria's National Audit Office (NAO) has tabled a proposal to change the law on political parties.
According to it, each party would be mandated to disclose all its monthly expenses over BGN 1000.
The parties should further list the reason for the expense, made from their State subsidy, and its recipient.
The proposal to amend the Political Parties Act has been sent to the Speaker of the Parliament, Mihail Mikov, by the Head of NAO Prof Valeri Dimitrov.
NAO grounds the proposal on the need to increase transparency of spending and giving the institution more means to exercise effective control on parties' fiscal activities, their revenues and their expenses.
- » Eurostat: Eurozone Inflation Accelerates to 1.9% in April
- » Bank Deposits Of Bulgarian Households Keep Growing in March
- » Funds Contracted Under EU Exceed 40%
- » International Monetary Fund Increases Expectaions on Bulgarian Economy
- » BNB Reports Current Account Surplus
- » Household Incomes Grows Faster Than Expenses