Bulgarian Audit Office Asks Parties to Declare Expenses over BGN 1000
Bulgaria's National Audit Office (NAO) has tabled a proposal to change the law on political parties.
According to it, each party would be mandated to disclose all its monthly expenses over BGN 1000.
The parties should further list the reason for the expense, made from their State subsidy, and its recipient.
The proposal to amend the Political Parties Act has been sent to the Speaker of the Parliament, Mihail Mikov, by the Head of NAO Prof Valeri Dimitrov.
NAO grounds the proposal on the need to increase transparency of spending and giving the institution more means to exercise effective control on parties' fiscal activities, their revenues and their expenses.
- » Bulgaria’s EconMin Proposing Tenfold Rise in Fuel Fraud Fines
- » Government Nominates C-Bank Head as Governor for Bulgaria in IMF
- » Foreign Direct Investment in Bulgaria Reaches Almost EUR 800 M in H1
- » Bulgaria 'Satisfied' with Greece's Move to Scrap Withhdolding Tax
- » Greece 'Being Forced to Cancel' Witholding Taxes on Sources Abroad
- » Bulgaria Has Budget Surplus of BGN 890 M at End of June