New Way to Make Local Landline Calls in Force in Bulgaria
Effective Wednesday, January 29, the mandatory dialing of 0 and area code before the number for local calls from a landline phone enters into force.
The requirement was to be implemented in March 2011, but was applied only to the landline phone networks of two mobile operators.
In October 2012, the Commission for Communications Regulation decided that all three mobile operators should switch to this practice. There will be no change in the price of calls.
The way to dial emergency numbers such as 112 and the 11800 helpline remains the same. They will continue to be dialed directly without adding zero or area code.
- » SE Europe's Largest Observatory Facing Closure over Lack of Funding
- » Varna to Host 11th World Animated Film Festival
- » Bulgaria Gov't Mulls Changing Falcon Plane after Failure
- » Gov't Airplane Carrying PM on Board Performs Emergency Landing at Varna Airport
- » Music, Dance Performances Close 2015 Edition of Sofia Breathes Festival
- » Bulgarian Samuel Finzi Voted Actor of the Year in Germany