Bulgarian Thrown in Jail for Marriage Fraud in UK
A Bulgarian woman and her Pakistani partner have been imprisoned for trying to enter into a sham marriage in the UK.
Aneta Kaleeva, a 25-year-old Bulgarian of north east London, and the Pakistani national Arfat Hussain, 24 were arrested during their fake wedding ceremony in January 2013, British media reported.
A year later, in January 2014, the couple both admitted perjury charges during their trial and were sentenced to eight months in prison.
Hussain had been trying to gain leave to remain in the UK as the spouse of a European Economic Area national.
- » Serbia Arrests Bulgarian National for Trafficking Afghan Refugees
- » Burgas Bombing 'Raised Hezbollah Suspicions of Double Agent'
- » Bulgaria's DANS Apprehends Three Terrorist Suspects at Border
- » Seven Bulgarians Arrested in Belgrade for Intending to Stage Protest
- » Bulgarian Man Arrested by Macedonian Police for Human Smuggling Attempt
- » IntMin Confirms with High Degree of Certainty Missing Petko Sertov Left for Greece