Bulgarian Thrown in Jail for Marriage Fraud in UK
A Bulgarian woman and her Pakistani partner have been imprisoned for trying to enter into a sham marriage in the UK.
Aneta Kaleeva, a 25-year-old Bulgarian of north east London, and the Pakistani national Arfat Hussain, 24 were arrested during their fake wedding ceremony in January 2013, British media reported.
A year later, in January 2014, the couple both admitted perjury charges during their trial and were sentenced to eight months in prison.
Hussain had been trying to gain leave to remain in the UK as the spouse of a European Economic Area national.
- » Jihadis 'Traveling on Fake Passports from Bulgaria'
- » Bulgaria Earns Praise from Europol for Busting Workshop for Forged Euro Notes
- » Cash Machine Stolen in Bulgaria’s Velingrad
- » Bulgarian Authorities Detain 29 Migrants Near Vratsa
- » Bulgaria Parliament ex-Official Faces Renewed Tax Evasion Trial
- » Bulgarian Counter-Intelligence Official Goes to Court for Disclosing 'State Secret'