Bulgarian Thrown in Jail for Marriage Fraud in UK
A Bulgarian woman and her Pakistani partner have been imprisoned for trying to enter into a sham marriage in the UK.
Aneta Kaleeva, a 25-year-old Bulgarian of north east London, and the Pakistani national Arfat Hussain, 24 were arrested during their fake wedding ceremony in January 2013, British media reported.
A year later, in January 2014, the couple both admitted perjury charges during their trial and were sentenced to eight months in prison.
Hussain had been trying to gain leave to remain in the UK as the spouse of a European Economic Area national.
- » Bulgaria's Nat'l Security Agency Seized 130kg of Heroin in H1, 2014
- » Tax Crimes in Bulgaria on the Rise
- » Prosecution Investigates Disappearance of BGN 180 K From Bank Vault
- » Bulgarian National Security Agency Busts Major Drug Trafficking Group
- » Two Armed Robberies Committed In Sofia Overnight
- » Hackers Attack European Central Bank's Website