Bulgarian Thrown in Jail for Marriage Fraud in UK
A Bulgarian woman and her Pakistani partner have been imprisoned for trying to enter into a sham marriage in the UK.
Aneta Kaleeva, a 25-year-old Bulgarian of north east London, and the Pakistani national Arfat Hussain, 24 were arrested during their fake wedding ceremony in January 2013, British media reported.
A year later, in January 2014, the couple both admitted perjury charges during their trial and were sentenced to eight months in prison.
Hussain had been trying to gain leave to remain in the UK as the spouse of a European Economic Area national.
- » Bulgaria's DANS, Europol Bust Suspected People Smuggling Ring
- » Bulgarian Prosecutor's Office Drops Charges Against Former Interior Minister
- » Chief of Bulgaria's Largest Customs Office Accused of Taking Bribe
- » French Terror Suspect to Be Extradited from Bulgaria Thursday
- » Chief of Bulgaria's Largest Customs Agency Unit Detained in Special Operation
- » British Tourist’s Drug-Related Death in Bulgaria Occurred ’by Misadventure’