Bulgarian Nationalists Demand Reopening of Kozloduy NPP Units 3, 4
Bulgaria's far-right ultranationalist Ataka party is tabling in the Parliament a draft proposal to have two units of the country's only NPP put in exploitation again
Party leader, Volen Siderov, informed that the proposal demands from the government to have Units 3 and 4 of the Kozloduy Nuclear Power Plant (NPP) functioning again.
The nationalists ground their demand on people from the former government of the National Movement for Stability and Prosperity (NMSP) of former Tsar and Prime Minister, Simeon Saxe-Coburg, committing national treason when negotiating the closure of the Units during EU accession talks.
Siderov accused the said people, former NMSP ministers, Meglena Kuneva (also Bulgaria's first EU Commissioner), Milko Kovachev, and Solomon Passy of taking bribes to agree with the closure and urged the Prosecutor's Office to examine the case.
"They mislead us that the closure was a decision of the European Commission. This is a lie, we checked," explained he.
"We were ready with this proposal in October 2013, but because of all staged scandals around Ataka, we had to postpone it a bit," stated Ataka Member of the Parliament, Denitsa Gadzheva, who is said to also be Siderov's girlfriend.
The nationalist leader reiterated his well-known stance that Bulgaria's EU membership is way more detrimental than beneficial.
- » Bulgaria Working to Keep Gas Transport under 100% State Control - PM
- » Westinghouse Should Return to Bulgaria, but 'Under New Conditions' - PM
- » EUR 12.3 M Gas Transmission Pipeline Opens in NE Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Not Planning to Nationalize AES, ContourGlobal TPPs, Energy Min Says
- » Bulgaria’s Energoremont Holding AD Acquires Majority Stake in Electroimpeks AD
- » China's ICBC Bank Offering Loan to Bulgarian Energy Holding