Ukrainian President Accepts PM's Resignation
Ukraine's President Viktor Yanukovych has accepted the resignation of Prime Minister Mykola Azarov but has asked him to keep the acting role until a new government is formed.
"I accept the resignation of Mykola Azarov and consequently the resignation of the Ukrainian government," stated President Viktor Yanukovych.
Ukrainian Prime Minister Mykola Azarov resigned on Tuesday in a bid to ease Ukraine's deadly crisis as lawmakers debated key reforms.
"I have taken a personal decision to ask the president of Ukraine to accept my resignation from the post of prime minister with the aim of creating an additional possibility for a political compromise to peacefully resolve the conflict," he said in a statement.
- » Armed Men Reportedly Take Hostages in Northern French Town
- » One Russian Marine Killed During Search for Pilots of Downed Su-24 in Syria
- » NATO Urges Restraint after Downing of Russian Warplane by Turkey
- » Turkey to Take ‘All Kinds of Measures’ to Defend Borders, PM Davutoglu Says
- » Russia Protests to Turkey over Downing of Su-24 Warplane
- » Sergei Lavrov Cancels Turkey Visit after Downing of Russian Warplane