Ukrainian President Accepts PM's Resignation
Ukraine's President Viktor Yanukovych has accepted the resignation of Prime Minister Mykola Azarov but has asked him to keep the acting role until a new government is formed.
"I accept the resignation of Mykola Azarov and consequently the resignation of the Ukrainian government," stated President Viktor Yanukovych.
Ukrainian Prime Minister Mykola Azarov resigned on Tuesday in a bid to ease Ukraine's deadly crisis as lawmakers debated key reforms.
"I have taken a personal decision to ask the president of Ukraine to accept my resignation from the post of prime minister with the aim of creating an additional possibility for a political compromise to peacefully resolve the conflict," he said in a statement.
- » Bulgaria Signs Protocol on EU’s Readmission Agreement with Turkey
- » Turkey PM to Stand Down after Party Congress in May
- » Davutoglu's Future as Turkey PM Unclear As AKP Congress Scheduled
- » ECB to Stop Producing EUR 500 Note
- » EU Recommends Visa-Free Travel for Turkish Citizens
- » EU Proposes to Extend Border Controls inside Schengen Area