Ukrainian President Accepts PM's Resignation
Ukraine's President Viktor Yanukovych has accepted the resignation of Prime Minister Mykola Azarov but has asked him to keep the acting role until a new government is formed.
"I accept the resignation of Mykola Azarov and consequently the resignation of the Ukrainian government," stated President Viktor Yanukovych.
Ukrainian Prime Minister Mykola Azarov resigned on Tuesday in a bid to ease Ukraine's deadly crisis as lawmakers debated key reforms.
"I have taken a personal decision to ask the president of Ukraine to accept my resignation from the post of prime minister with the aim of creating an additional possibility for a political compromise to peacefully resolve the conflict," he said in a statement.
- » Four Bulgarians Added to Ukraine's Street Names 'Blacklist'
- » FIFA Ethics Committee Provisionally Bans Blatter, Platini for 90 Days
- » Turkey Could Look Elsewhere for Gas Supplies, NPP Builder, Erdogan Tells Russia
- » Greek Government Wins Confidence Vote
- » Belarus President Refutes 'Russian Military Base' Reports
- » EU Launches Second Stage of Naval Operation Against Human Smugglers