Bulgaria's IT Sector Urgently Needs Specialists - Expert
Bulgaria's IT sector is in urgent need of specialists, according to Peter Ivanov, Chair of Bulgarian Association of Information Technologies (BAIT).
Peter Ivanov discussed the ways to meet the demand for qualified workers in the IT sector for the viewers of Bulgaria on Air TV, Tuesday.
In order to meet the growing needs of the IT sector, Bulgarian universities should train more specialists, Ivanov pointed out. Attracting foreign skilled workers is another, however short-term, solution to meet the industry high demands.
"In this regard, the government should take measures to comply with the law, because the procedures for the issue of required documentation have been draging out for months," said Ivanov.
"I realize that to speak of importing skilled workers in times of such high unemployment rates is a touchy topic, however there is no unemployment in the IT sector. According to recent data, the IT industry needs more than 10 thousand jobs in order to keep expanding," Chair of the Managing Board of BAIT commented.
"The IT sector in Bulgaria has a huge potential for development, there are constant innovations. The industry reported growth during the worst period of the crisis, remuneration is high too," Peter Ivanov argued.
The IT sector is a highly mobile industry and unless the state needs to provide the necessary environment for its development in order to keep specialists in country, Ivanov warned.
- » Bulgaria Is On 3rd Place Selling New Cars in EU
- » NSI: Number of Residential Buildings Put into Exploitation in Q1 of 2017 Totalled to 462
- » Turkish Steam Gas Pipeline Irritates But Gives New Opportunities to Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Farmers Receive EUR 227M Euro Subsidies
- » Bulgaria Accepts the Gazprom Antitrust Offer, Under Conditions
- » US Technological Giant Tesla To Step on Bulgarian Market