Bulgaria's IT Sector Urgently Needs Specialists - Expert
Bulgaria's IT sector is in urgent need of specialists, according to Peter Ivanov, Chair of Bulgarian Association of Information Technologies (BAIT).
Peter Ivanov discussed the ways to meet the demand for qualified workers in the IT sector for the viewers of Bulgaria on Air TV, Tuesday.
In order to meet the growing needs of the IT sector, Bulgarian universities should train more specialists, Ivanov pointed out. Attracting foreign skilled workers is another, however short-term, solution to meet the industry high demands.
"In this regard, the government should take measures to comply with the law, because the procedures for the issue of required documentation have been draging out for months," said Ivanov.
"I realize that to speak of importing skilled workers in times of such high unemployment rates is a touchy topic, however there is no unemployment in the IT sector. According to recent data, the IT industry needs more than 10 thousand jobs in order to keep expanding," Chair of the Managing Board of BAIT commented.
"The IT sector in Bulgaria has a huge potential for development, there are constant innovations. The industry reported growth during the worst period of the crisis, remuneration is high too," Peter Ivanov argued.
The IT sector is a highly mobile industry and unless the state needs to provide the necessary environment for its development in order to keep specialists in country, Ivanov warned.
- » Chinese Co to Build Sunflower Oil Plant in Bulgaria's Burgas
- » Investment in Bulgarian Industry to Shrink by One-Third in 2015 - Survey
- » France’s Total to Start Drilling off Bulgaria Coast in Feb-May 2016
- » Bulgaria’s Sept Industrial Production Index Rises 0.6% Y.Y
- » Montupet Bulgarian Unit Hopes to Resume Output at Halted Line after Local Vote
- » Bulgaria’s Road Building Agency Gets Nod to Sign Deals for 5.5 Km of Kalotina Motorway