Bulgaria's IT Sector Urgently Needs Specialists - Expert
Bulgaria's IT sector is in urgent need of specialists, according to Peter Ivanov, Chair of Bulgarian Association of Information Technologies (BAIT).
Peter Ivanov discussed the ways to meet the demand for qualified workers in the IT sector for the viewers of Bulgaria on Air TV, Tuesday.
In order to meet the growing needs of the IT sector, Bulgarian universities should train more specialists, Ivanov pointed out. Attracting foreign skilled workers is another, however short-term, solution to meet the industry high demands.
"In this regard, the government should take measures to comply with the law, because the procedures for the issue of required documentation have been draging out for months," said Ivanov.
"I realize that to speak of importing skilled workers in times of such high unemployment rates is a touchy topic, however there is no unemployment in the IT sector. According to recent data, the IT industry needs more than 10 thousand jobs in order to keep expanding," Chair of the Managing Board of BAIT commented.
"The IT sector in Bulgaria has a huge potential for development, there are constant innovations. The industry reported growth during the worst period of the crisis, remuneration is high too," Peter Ivanov argued.
The IT sector is a highly mobile industry and unless the state needs to provide the necessary environment for its development in order to keep specialists in country, Ivanov warned.
- » Subaru has Withdrawn nearly 400,000 of its Cars due to a Lack of Safety Check
- » The Tender for the Highway to Pleven / Lovech will be in the Second Half of 2018
- » Bulgaria will Work for an European Strategy for the Oil Industry
- » French Company Invests EUR 30 Million for a New Plant in Pleven
- » 100% Electric Bus Fleet For Shenzhen (Population 11.9 Million) By End Of 2017 (Video)
- » Russia and the UAE are Considering Joint Production of a Passenger Airplane