Bulgaria Expects Fresh EU Funds for Tourism
Bulgaria's tourism sector expects BGN 300 M from European funds within the next few years.
The main beneficiaries will be the Ministry of Economy and Energy with EUR 52 M and the Ministry of Regional Development with EUR 110 M, said the Deputy Minister of Economy Branimir Botev, cited by Dnevnik.
The projects will include advertising campaigns for Bulgaria as a tourist destination, for which 127 contracts worth BGN 31 M have been signed.
Botev also added that within the next several years Bulgaria will change its visa procedures and will decrease the administrative burden.
- » 366,800 Bulgarians Traveled Abroad in February
- » Number of Tourists Visiting Pamporovo Increases with Over 30%
- » Bulgaria Presented at Salon Mondial du Tourisme in Paris
- » Wizz Air to Launch New Bulgaria – Bratislava Route
- » Bulgaria to Participate in ITB Berlin, 2017
- » Wizz Air Cancels Sofia-Kutaisi Flights
They also need to invest some of that money in staff training. Surly, disinterested staff who refuse to speak anything but Bulgarian and make racist comments behind the customers backs will not get those tourists coming back a second time. Also some tourist sites are extremely dangerous for visitors without a guide