Bulgaria Expects Fresh EU Funds for Tourism
Bulgaria's tourism sector expects BGN 300 M from European funds within the next few years.
The main beneficiaries will be the Ministry of Economy and Energy with EUR 52 M and the Ministry of Regional Development with EUR 110 M, said the Deputy Minister of Economy Branimir Botev, cited by Dnevnik.
The projects will include advertising campaigns for Bulgaria as a tourist destination, for which 127 contracts worth BGN 31 M have been signed.
Botev also added that within the next several years Bulgaria will change its visa procedures and will decrease the administrative burden.
- » Trips of Bulgarians Abroad Rise 21% Y/Y in June
- » Bulgaria Expects 10% Rise in Tourist Numbers in Summer 2016
- » Number of Turkish Tourists to Bulgaria Rising
- » Bulgarian Resorts to Start Hiring Seasonal Workers from Abroad
- » Nearly Two Million Foreign Tourists Visited Bulgaria in Jan-May 2016
- » Bulgaria Reports Congestion at Crossings on Border with Greece
They also need to invest some of that money in staff training. Surly, disinterested staff who refuse to speak anything but Bulgarian and make racist comments behind the customers backs will not get those tourists coming back a second time. Also some tourist sites are extremely dangerous for visitors without a guide