Most Roads in North Bulgaria Reopened After Heavy Snow
Traffic across Bulgaria has returned to normal, following the intense snowfall in parts of the country.
Roads to Shumen and Ruse have reopened, following temporary closures on Monday. The same applies for the railway services, which were suspended.
Electricity and water have been restored in the villages near Silistra, which suffered the most during the snow storms. Streets in Silistra are being cleaned, which is causing slight traffic jams in parts of the city.
The road connecting Ahtopol and Sinemorets in the southern Black Sea coast remains closed.
The Danube Bridge, connecting Bulgaria and Romania is operating, but with a 7km traffic jam in some parts. It was temporarily closed on Monday, following an accident with a Romanian truck.
- » Brussels Threatens Bulgaria With Court Action Over Environment Issues
- » Sofia Zoo To Get Penguins, Kangaroos
- » Farmer Market Fest Showcases Organic Food
- » 3.2-Magnitude Earthquake Registered 80km Away from Smolyan
- » Bulgaria’s Radomir Votes in Referendum on Gold Mining
- » WWF: Global Wildlife Population Dropped by 50% in 40 Years