Most Roads in North Bulgaria Reopened After Heavy Snow
Traffic across Bulgaria has returned to normal, following the intense snowfall in parts of the country.
Roads to Shumen and Ruse have reopened, following temporary closures on Monday. The same applies for the railway services, which were suspended.
Electricity and water have been restored in the villages near Silistra, which suffered the most during the snow storms. Streets in Silistra are being cleaned, which is causing slight traffic jams in parts of the city.
The road connecting Ahtopol and Sinemorets in the southern Black Sea coast remains closed.
The Danube Bridge, connecting Bulgaria and Romania is operating, but with a 7km traffic jam in some parts. It was temporarily closed on Monday, following an accident with a Romanian truck.
- » Pazardzhik Landfill Poses Danger of Road Accidents
- » Bulgaria's Environment Minister Calls for Imposing Stricter Fines on Oil Spills
- » Southern Bulgaria Submerged in Floods Caused by Torrential Rains
- » Pope's Climate Change Encyclical Leaves Politicians, Businesses Divided
- » Thunderstorms, Possible Hails Expected Across Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria to Set Up 6 Regional Centers for Crisis, Disaster Management