Most Roads in North Bulgaria Reopened After Heavy Snow
Traffic across Bulgaria has returned to normal, following the intense snowfall in parts of the country.
Roads to Shumen and Ruse have reopened, following temporary closures on Monday. The same applies for the railway services, which were suspended.
Electricity and water have been restored in the villages near Silistra, which suffered the most during the snow storms. Streets in Silistra are being cleaned, which is causing slight traffic jams in parts of the city.
The road connecting Ahtopol and Sinemorets in the southern Black Sea coast remains closed.
The Danube Bridge, connecting Bulgaria and Romania is operating, but with a 7km traffic jam in some parts. It was temporarily closed on Monday, following an accident with a Romanian truck.
- » 7 Districts under Code Orange Weather Alert for Heavy Rain, Strong Wind
- » Code Orange Issued in Seven Bulgarian Districts Over Heavy Rains, Wind
- » Code Red For High River Waters In Western, Central Bulgaria Issued
- » Environment Ministry Warns of Heavy Downpours Throughout Bulgaria
- » London Heathrow Cancels 10% of Flights over Hurricane Gonzalo
- » Brussels Threatens Bulgaria With Court Action Over Environment Issues