Bulgarian Designer Made Dresses for Hit TV Series Downton Abbey
Bulgarian designer Nevena Nikolova has made some of the dresses of leading female characters in the hit British TV series "Downton Abbey."
Nikolova told Bulgarian TV that she realized only later in the process how important the series and its leading ladies were for fans in the UK and the US, and how much loved they were.
The actresses wore her dresses for the promo photo session of the latest, 4th season of "Downton Abbey."
"They were looking for unique dresses; not seen on other people and the series stylists approached me. They took 30 dresses of mine and selected 7 for the photo session, out of a total of 9 shown. I think this is quite a success," said the designer.
Nevena is known for creating lush, romantic and rich in detail dresses. They often feature lace, velvet and feathers. She has her own boutique in London.
The historical saga, created by Julian Fellowes has enjoyed huge popularity with even US First Lady, Michelle Obama, admitting being crazy about it.
The first season of the series just aired on Nova TV in Bulgaria, also with great success.
- » Nicole Scherzinger Dispels Rumors of Breakup with Bulgaria's Dimitrov
- » Grigor Dimitrov Tops List of 70 Most Popular Bulgarian Celebrities – Forbes Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Women Among World's Top 10 Sexiest - Survey
- » Selfie of the Day: Kristalina Georgieva, Maxim Behar
- » New Royal Baby: Prince William, Kate Expecting Second Child
- » Bulgarian Christian Stoinev Reaches Semifinals of America's Got Talent
Bulgaria has some amazing talented dress designers so it's no surprise that this designer has got the recognition she deserves. Excellent work.