Bulgaria's Sofia Heating Utility Future Unclear
The future of Sofia heating utility Toplofikatsiya Sofia remains unclear, according to Elenko Bozhkov, member of Bulgaria's State Commission for Energy and Water Regulation.
"It is too early to say whether or not the State Commission for Energy and Water Regulation (DKEVR) will revoke Toplofikatsiya Sofia's license," Bozhkov commented for Bulgarian 3e-news.net.
There are three current check ups of the Sofia heating utility, concerning the license terms, the consumers accession process and the purchase of heating.
Bulgaria's energy watchdog has launched 6 January yet another audit of the electric power distributors and the heating utility in the capital Sofia.
DKEVR has decided to do the audit after receiving a large number of tipoffs and complaints from citizens and civic organizations claiming there are breaches committed by the three foreign-owned power utilities CEZ, EVN, and Energo-Pro and Sofia's Toplofikatsiya.
The audit will extend to a period of five and a half years back – from July 1, 2008. The deadline for its conclusion is the end of April, 2014 or four months. It could be extended, if needed, DKEVR notes.
- » Bulgaria Working to Keep Gas Transport under 100% State Control - PM
- » Westinghouse Should Return to Bulgaria, but 'Under New Conditions' - PM
- » EUR 12.3 M Gas Transmission Pipeline Opens in NE Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Not Planning to Nationalize AES, ContourGlobal TPPs, Energy Min Says
- » Bulgaria’s Energoremont Holding AD Acquires Majority Stake in Electroimpeks AD
- » China's ICBC Bank Offering Loan to Bulgarian Energy Holding