Bulgarian Beggar Hits EUR 7 M Jackpot in Greece
A Bulgarian lucky fellow has won EUR 7 M jackpot from Greek totalizer in September 2013.
The Roma man Selim-Hoteto from Krivo Pole village near Bulgarian town of Haskovo hit the jackpot some five months ago. However, the man made the headlines just now.
Greek media suggested that the winner might be a Bulgarian citizen because the lucky ticket was bought near the border, in the municipality of Drama.
Selim, who was a beggar in Greece before striking it rich, has refused to speak for the media.
The mayor of Krivo Pole Zhelyazko Todorov has confirmed for Bulgarian Darik News that Selim was the lucky dog to win the 7 M jackpot, however refused to provide any further details.
The industrious Roma man has invested the money in real estate property, infield, as well as food for his fellow villagers.
- » Bulgarian Citizen was Repeatedly Ran Over on a Highway in the UK
- » A Powerful Earthquake in Mexico (Video)
- » Watch the Documentary Movie For Dobri Dobrev - a Bulgarian Man Known For His Extreme Generosity
- » Interview with Rebecca Sommer About Muslim Immigrants in Germany
- » The Bulgarian Telegraph Agency Celebrates its 120th Birthday
- » Avalanche Killed Three Skiers in the French Pyrenees