Bulgarian Beggar Hits EUR 7 M Jackpot in Greece
A Bulgarian lucky fellow has won EUR 7 M jackpot from Greek totalizer in September 2013.
The Roma man Selim-Hoteto from Krivo Pole village near Bulgarian town of Haskovo hit the jackpot some five months ago. However, the man made the headlines just now.
Greek media suggested that the winner might be a Bulgarian citizen because the lucky ticket was bought near the border, in the municipality of Drama.
Selim, who was a beggar in Greece before striking it rich, has refused to speak for the media.
The mayor of Krivo Pole Zhelyazko Todorov has confirmed for Bulgarian Darik News that Selim was the lucky dog to win the 7 M jackpot, however refused to provide any further details.
The industrious Roma man has invested the money in real estate property, infield, as well as food for his fellow villagers.
- » Bulgaria's Interior Minister: We're Struggling With Immigrant Pressure
- » First Snow Covers Petrohan Pass
- » Archaeologists Uncover 7000-Year-Old Wall Near Provadia
- » Only 19 Refugees in Bulgaria Have Managed to Find Jobs in 4 Months
- » Archaeologists Uncover Church Treasure Near Dobrich
- » Meteorologists: Winter Would Be Milder