Bulgaria’s Road Vignette Stickers Expire on Jan 31
Bulgaria's road tax vignette stickers for 2013 expire on January 31 and drivers will need to purchase new ones.
The Road Infrastructure Agency said the vignettes can be bought in the post offices, the petrol stations Shell, Petrol, Lukoil, OMV, Eko, Nis Petrol and Rompetrol, the supermarket chain "Piccadilly", the offices of EasyPay and Fast Pay and the border crossing checkpoints.
The prices remain the same as last year – BGN 67 for an annual sticker for a car, BGN 25 for a monthly and BGN 10 for a weekly sticker.
A vignette is required for driving on Bulgarian state roads. These are practically all main roads in Bulgaria and there is no option to avoid buying a vignette for driving across Bulgaria.
Bulgaria's road vignettes are not likely to be replaced by electronic toll systems before 2017.
- » ‘Novinite’ Honored Prestigious Award at Davos Forum
- » WWF To Release Endangered Fish In Danube
- » Bulgaria's Consumer Protection Commission Bans 243 Dangerous Goods
- » Bulgarian Student Wins US Award for Skin Cancer Research
- » Number of Elderly People in Bulgaria Nearing Work Force
- » Bulgaria's Smoking Ban Debate To Be Rekindled Again