Tory Rebels: Cameron Just Muddying the Water on Immigration
David Cameron has been accused by Tory rebels of "muddying the water" after claiming that migration from Bulgaria and Romania since the start of the year is at reasonable levels.
Nigel Mills, the Tory MP who tabled the amendment calling for tougher restrictions, said:
"It's not a very constructive contribution to the debate. We are a long way from meeting out target on the number of migrants coming to Britain, it is an unfortunate thing for him to say."
David Hanson, labor's shadow home affairs spokesman, said:
"As ever, Cameron seems to be making it up as he goes along on immigration."
Speaking on BBC Radio 4's Today program, Cameron claimed the levels of migration since the restrictions were lifted on January 1 has been "reasonable".
He later admitted, however, that he had not seen "any official statistics".
- » Bulgaria Suffered Financial Corrections worth BGN 166M by end-2013
- » Bulgaria's Georgieva to Be Appointed EU Budget Commissioner - Report
- » President Plevneliev: Bulgaria’s Georgieva Will Be Awarded ‘Strong Economic Portfolio’
- » Bulgaria's Foreign Minister Calls for Common EU Energy Strategy
- » Good Luck, Kristalina!
- » Bulgaria to Seek EC Aid for Damages worth BGN 5-10M Caused by Russian Embargo