Tory Rebels: Cameron Just Muddying the Water on Immigration
David Cameron has been accused by Tory rebels of "muddying the water" after claiming that migration from Bulgaria and Romania since the start of the year is at reasonable levels.
Nigel Mills, the Tory MP who tabled the amendment calling for tougher restrictions, said:
"It's not a very constructive contribution to the debate. We are a long way from meeting out target on the number of migrants coming to Britain, it is an unfortunate thing for him to say."
David Hanson, labor's shadow home affairs spokesman, said:
"As ever, Cameron seems to be making it up as he goes along on immigration."
Speaking on BBC Radio 4's Today program, Cameron claimed the levels of migration since the restrictions were lifted on January 1 has been "reasonable".
He later admitted, however, that he had not seen "any official statistics".
- » EC Survey: Bulgaria in the Top 3 of the Most Racist Countries in Europe
- » Meglena Kuneva is Nominated for a New Position in Brussels
- » According to New Research, Bulgaria is the Laziest Nation in the EU
- » Bulgaria will Lose BGN 70 Million from the EU for Education and Science
- » The President Rumen Radev to Meet the Vice-President of the European Commission
- » The Minister of Transport and Information Technologies to Work for 5G Mobile Network in Bulgaria