Bulgarian Farmers to Receive Their Subsidies by End of January
The Bulgarian government has started paying out the agricultural subsidies and promises to complete them by the end of January.
According to Minister of Agriculture Dimitar Grekov, Bulgaria's farmers will get about BGN 1 B by the end of this week. He said the only delays will be in cases of overlapping land under crops and the farmers must prove they are tilling it.
The European agricultural subsidies for Bulgaria total BGN 1.118 B and the additional national payments of BGN 2 per decare add another BGN 60 M.
Grekov said that Bulgaria has utilized 61% of the EU agricultural subsidies. For comparison, Romania has utilized 65-66%.
In the next seven-year period, Bulgaria's farmers should get BGN 15 B in direct EU subsidies and from the Rural Development Programme.
- » Bulgaria’s Gross Foreign Debt Dips 1.3% Y/Y in May 2016
- » Bulgaria Appoints New Deputy Finance Minister
- » FDI in Bulgaria Falls 34% Y/Y for January-May - C-Bank
- » Bulgaria, Iran to Deepen Economic Ties, Fight Against Tax, Customs Fraud
- » Inspections Along Bulgaria's Black Sea Coast Brought Extra BGN 200 M in Revenues
- » Bulgaria Posts Budget Surplus of 3.1% of GDP for End-May