Bulgarian Farmers to Receive Their Subsidies by End of January
The Bulgarian government has started paying out the agricultural subsidies and promises to complete them by the end of January.
According to Minister of Agriculture Dimitar Grekov, Bulgaria's farmers will get about BGN 1 B by the end of this week. He said the only delays will be in cases of overlapping land under crops and the farmers must prove they are tilling it.
The European agricultural subsidies for Bulgaria total BGN 1.118 B and the additional national payments of BGN 2 per decare add another BGN 60 M.
Grekov said that Bulgaria has utilized 61% of the EU agricultural subsidies. For comparison, Romania has utilized 65-66%.
In the next seven-year period, Bulgaria's farmers should get BGN 15 B in direct EU subsidies and from the Rural Development Programme.
- » Bulgarian National Bank Reports Increase in Bank Deposits
- » Bulgaria's State Debt Rose by BGN 1 B in June
- » BNB Governor Ivan Iskrov Ready to Resign
- » Smartphones, Tablets in Top 5 Purchases On Deferred Payments
- » Bulgaria with Second Lowest Debt-to-GDP Ratio in EU in Q1, 2014
- » New Amendments Introduced to Consumer Credit Act