Sofia University Occupation Lifted
The occupation of the Sofia University has been lifted in the early hours of Tuesday, without any apparent use of force.
The university blockade, which started last Friday, was posing a serious threat to the upcoming exam session, and the Provost even threatened to call in the police in order to dissolve the occupation.
The university's schedule will run as planned from today, and there will be no need to extend the exam session, Prof. Ivan Ilchev, the Provost told TV7.
On Monday, tensions were running high in front of the university rectorate building, as scuffles broke out between supporters of the occupation and those demanding the right to study.
We remind you that this is a 2nd wave of university occupation, after students from a number of universities across the country took control of their buildings last October.
- » Embassy Of Azerbaijan Celebrates Spring with Music Concert Held at The Central Military Club
- » Economist Intelligence Unit: Singapore Most Expensive City Worldwide
- » Personality in the News Awards 2017
- » US Billionaire Philanthropist David Rockefeller Dies at 101
- » Vernal Equinox: First Day of Spring 2017
- » Malyovitsa Hut Awarded Best Tourist Chalet of 2016