Sofia University Occupation Lifted
The occupation of the Sofia University has been lifted in the early hours of Tuesday, without any apparent use of force.
The university blockade, which started last Friday, was posing a serious threat to the upcoming exam session, and the Provost even threatened to call in the police in order to dissolve the occupation.
The university's schedule will run as planned from today, and there will be no need to extend the exam session, Prof. Ivan Ilchev, the Provost told TV7.
On Monday, tensions were running high in front of the university rectorate building, as scuffles broke out between supporters of the occupation and those demanding the right to study.
We remind you that this is a 2nd wave of university occupation, after students from a number of universities across the country took control of their buildings last October.
- » World Has Missed Chance to Avoid Dangerous Global Warming
- » The Urban Culture Festival Sofia Breathes Will Take Place in Sofia This Weekend
- » UK Supermarket ‘Sold Sausages and Ham Infected With Hepatitis’
- » At Least 20 Tourists are Injured after an Accident in Antalya
- » Car Ploughed into Pedestrians in Marseilles
- » The American Comedian Jerry Lewis Died