Winter Storms Take Casualties in Bulgaria
The harsh winter weather, which gripped Bulgaria over the weekend, has taken its first casualties.
The body of a 77-year-old man from the village of Ruzhitsa, near Shumen, was found under a pile of snow on Monday morning. The man had walked out of his home on Sunday night, according to Vesti.bg.
Another man passed away in Silistra, as a result of intense frostbite. His identity is still unconfirmed.
The snowfall and freezing temperatures have affected most severely the northeastern part of Bulgaria, where roads and railways have been closed throughout the day.
Electricity has been restored in most villages where there were power cuts.
- » Bulgarian Drivers Advised to Put Winter Tires
- » Orthodox Bulgarians Mark Good Friday
- » Nobel Laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez Dies Aged 87
- » Bulgaria's GERB Spent BGN 1.4B on Pensions – Deputy Health Minister
- » Bulgaria To Spend Another BGN 35 M On Refugees
- » 56% of Bulgarians Say Religion Has a Positive Role in Society