Winter Storms Take Casualties in Bulgaria
The harsh winter weather, which gripped Bulgaria over the weekend, has taken its first casualties.
The body of a 77-year-old man from the village of Ruzhitsa, near Shumen, was found under a pile of snow on Monday morning. The man had walked out of his home on Sunday night, according to Vesti.bg.
Another man passed away in Silistra, as a result of intense frostbite. His identity is still unconfirmed.
The snowfall and freezing temperatures have affected most severely the northeastern part of Bulgaria, where roads and railways have been closed throughout the day.
Electricity has been restored in most villages where there were power cuts.
- » Bulgaria is First in the EU by the Number of Women Working in the IT Sector
- » A Man Drowned in the Struma River
- » Bulgarian Helsinki Committee: The Protection of Human Rights in Bulgaria is Getting Worse
- » WhatsApp Raises the Minimum Age For Use in the EU
- » Official Catalog of 2017 Bulgarian Archaeology Exhibition Released by Bulgaria's National Institute and Museum of Archaeology
- » Meteorologists are Protesting About the Distribution of 2018 Subsidy