‘Bulgarian Christmas’ Charity Raised BGN 1.87 M
The annual "Bulgarian Christmas" charity concert, held on December 25 has raised BGN 1.87 M.
Nearly BGN 878,000 were raised from text messages, while BGN 995,751 came from private donations, revealed Ekaterina Zaharieva, head of the President's office. The rest of the amount is from ticket sales.
The 2013 edition of the charity campaign saw a record single contribution (BGN 100,000) from the America for Bulgaria Foundation.
The proceedings of the 2013 event will go to children with hearing and visual disabilities.
The "Bulgarian Christmas" is an annual event, held under the patronage of the President of Bulgaria.
- » Photo From Bulgarians' 2013 Protests Featured In Hollywood Film
- » EU Greenhouse Gas Emissions Dropped by Almost 2% in 2013
- » Finnish Diva Tarja Turunen With Concert In Sofia
- » Funding For Road Maintenance Siphoned Off For Other Projects
- » Thousands Suffer Power Cuts, Blackouts After Bulgaria's First Snow
- » Four Lion Cubs Born In Varna Zoo