EU Delegation Urges Ukraine to Pursue Political Solution
The EU's Heads of Missions have called on the Ukrainian government to deliver on its promises made in the negotiations with the opposition, and to continue the dialogue.
"EU Heads of Missions in Kyiv welcome recent talks between government and opposition. We call upon the government to deliver on its promises and announcements made in the context of the negotiations with the opposition", reads an official EU statement, cited by the Interfax agency.
The EU Delegation also urges anti-government protesters to refrain from using violence.
"We call upon the opposition to maintain the peaceful character of demonstrations and to dissociate itself clearly from all those who make use of violence in pursuing their aims", the statement adds.
On Sunday, the European Commission's President Herman Van Rompuy revealed that the EU remains open to signing an Association Agreement with the former Soviet republic.
- » Ansbach Attacker 'Had Islamist Videos, Addressed IS'
- » Juncker Says Turkey 'In No Position' to be EU Member
- » Suicide Blast Outside Music Festival in Germany Leaves 12 Injured
- » Three-Way Summit to Lay Basis for Supplying Turkmen Gas to Europe
- » Migrants Arrivals by Sea in Europe Top 242,000 so far in 2016 – IOM
- » Some 4,700 People Remanded in Custody in Turkey over Failed Coup Attempt