Varna-Dobrich Road Closed as Icy Conditions Grip Northeast Bulgaria
The road connecting Bulgaria's Black Sea city of Varna and Dobrich remains closed due to the heavy snowfall over the past days.
Drivers are advised to use the detour, through Albena, Balchik, and Kranevo, reports Darik radio.
The railway stretch between Dobrich and Kardam, near the Romanian border, also remains closed.
A number of villages in the northern Black Sea coast are without electricity or water. Some schools in the Dobrich region are temporarily closed.
Earlier on Monday, it was reported that the airports in Varna and Burgas have been closed.
Temperatures in Varna and Dobrich have fallen to -10 degrees, with heavy snowfall.
- » Authorities Lift Bathing Ban on Beach in Bulgaria's Varna
- » Bulgaria to Have Another Sunny Summer Day on Friday
- » Bulgaria, Germany Sign Agreement on Implementing Innovative Environmental Projects
- » Black Sea Coast Nature Conservation Has Overwhelming Support among Bulgarians - Survey
- » Most of Bulgaria under Alert for Hot Weather on Monday
- » 3.1-Magnitude Earthquake Rocks Bulgaria’s Petrich