Varna-Dobrich Road Closed as Icy Conditions Grip Northeast Bulgaria
The road connecting Bulgaria's Black Sea city of Varna and Dobrich remains closed due to the heavy snowfall over the past days.
Drivers are advised to use the detour, through Albena, Balchik, and Kranevo, reports Darik radio.
The railway stretch between Dobrich and Kardam, near the Romanian border, also remains closed.
A number of villages in the northern Black Sea coast are without electricity or water. Some schools in the Dobrich region are temporarily closed.
Earlier on Monday, it was reported that the airports in Varna and Burgas have been closed.
Temperatures in Varna and Dobrich have fallen to -10 degrees, with heavy snowfall.
- » Temperatures in Bulgaria to Exceed 40 Degrees as Heat Wave Reaches Its Peak
- » 3-Magnitude Earthquake Shakes Southern Bulgaria
- » Code Orange Issued in 21 Bulgarian Regions over Dangerous Heat
- » 4-Magnitude Earthquake in Greece Felt in Bulgaria
- » Decreasing Water Levels Hamper Sailing on Danube Near Bulgaria's Belene
- » Bulgarian Customs Prevent Smuggling of 10 African Grey Parrots