Bulgaria’s Dimitrov Breaks into World Top 20
Bulgaria's tennis star Grigor Dimitrov officially entered the top 20 of the world rankings, placed at number 19 in the renewed list, which came out on Monday.
Dimitrov, who reached the quarterfinals of the Australian Open last week, has 1,810 points, and ranks right behind Japan's Kei Nishikori, who has 1,915.
The Bulgarian's next tournament will be in Zagreb, starting February 3, following which, he will travel to Rotterdam for the prestigious ABN AMRO.
Stanislas Wawrinka, the surprise winner of the Australian Open, climbs from 8th to 3rd place in the ATP ranking.
Tsvetana Pironkova makes a considerable jump in the rankings, up to 53rd place, after the Bulgarian won her first WTA title earlier this month. She is only 58 points away from returning into the top 50.
- » Anna Fenninger Records Second Victory at Ski World Cup in Bansko
- » Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov Drops Out of ATP Top Ten
- » Anna Fenninger Wins Alpine Skiing World Cup Combined Race in Bansko
- » Fenninger Wins First Run of World Cup Ladies Combined in Bansko
- » World Ski Cup Race in Bulgaria's Bansko Cancelled over Heavy Fog
- » Bulgaria's Litex Sells Colombian Striker for EUR 1.6 M to Chinese Team