Strong Earthquakes Hit Greek Islands, No Injuries
After the powerful 5.9 magnitude earthquake on the Greek island of Cephalonia, another 5.3 magnitude tremor struck the island of Zakynthos on Sunday night.
The earthquake happened at 8:45 PM, several hours after the nearby island of Cephalonia was shaken by a stronger tremor. There are no reports of casualties or injured people in both cases.
Over the past 12 hours, as many as 30 earthquakes have been registered on the territory of Greece, most of them between 3-4 on the Richter scale.
People in Cephalonia ran out of their homes immediately, some of them preferring to spend the night outdoors, reports the daily Kathimerini. Some of the more elderly citizens of the island still remember the deadly earthquake which struck in 1953, killing 455 people.
Some buildings have suffered cracks, and schools will remain closed until experts calculate the damages.
- » Assad's Army will Help the Kurds Against Turkey
- » The Pope has Retreated to Spiritual Seclusion
- » Two Major Islamist Groups in Syria Unite
- » Israel Warned that it Could Act Directly Against Iran
- » Brazilian Prisoners Took the Guards as Hostages
- » Tillerson Admitted There Could be Introduction of New Sanctions Against Russia