Winter Stirs Havoc in Bulgaria, Danube Bridge, Varna Airport Closed
A broken down Romanian tractor trailer has caused the closure of Danube Bridge One between Bulgaria and Romania at Bulgaria's city of Ruse.
The heavy-duty truck spun off from the slippery roundabout, blocking the path of other cars and trucks.
The incident occurred slightly after 5 am Monday, but the tractor trailer has not yet been pulled of the road because the Bulgarian institutions cannot agree who is responsible – State or municipal structures.
The airport of the Black Sea city of Varna and the port in the same city are closed Monday over inclement winter weather. The airport in the other Black Sea city of Burgas is also slosed.
- » Vernal Equinox: First Day of Spring 2017
- » Malyovitsa Hut Awarded Best Tourist Chalet of 2016
- » Bulgaria's Weather Service Warns of Strong Winds in All Regions
- » Bulgaria's Govt Reverses Controversial National Park Plans
- » Environmenalists to Protest against Bulgaria's Interim Govt
- » March to Begin with Spring-Like Temperatures after Cold Snap