Fresh Snow Expected in Bulgaria
Code yellow for inclement winter weather has been declared for several Bulgarian regions Monday.
The forecast is issued by the National Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS)
Code yellow means potentially dangerous weather, where the forecast is not for unusual meteorological events, but requires people to exercise caution.
Code yellow for snow, sleet and strong winds is effective for the regions of Razgrad, Shumen, Varna, Dobrich and Silistra.
Snowfall is expected everywhere in the country.
The mercury will climb up only from minus 6 degrees C to plus 6C in southwestern Bulgaria. In Sofia, the maximum will be 0C.
Roads across the country are reported as passable under winter weather conditions - treacherous with snowdrifts and ice at spots. Tractor trailers over 10 tons are banned in a number of mountain passes; tire chains are required in these areas as well. Drivers are asked to exercise extreme caution.
- » German Court to Decide on Fate of 15 million Diesel Cars
- » Earthquakes with a Force of More than 4 on the Richter Scale Near the Greek Islands of Zakynthos and Crete
- » Cloudy today, Rain in Many Places
- » An Earthquake of Magnitude 4.8 on the Richter Scale in Plovdiv And Asenovgrad
- » The Centuries-old Beech Forests in Central Balkan are Included in an Inter-state Site List of UNESCO
- » The First Plants Appeared 500 Million Years Ago