Fresh Snow Expected in Bulgaria
Code yellow for inclement winter weather has been declared for several Bulgarian regions Monday.
The forecast is issued by the National Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS)
Code yellow means potentially dangerous weather, where the forecast is not for unusual meteorological events, but requires people to exercise caution.
Code yellow for snow, sleet and strong winds is effective for the regions of Razgrad, Shumen, Varna, Dobrich and Silistra.
Snowfall is expected everywhere in the country.
The mercury will climb up only from minus 6 degrees C to plus 6C in southwestern Bulgaria. In Sofia, the maximum will be 0C.
Roads across the country are reported as passable under winter weather conditions - treacherous with snowdrifts and ice at spots. Tractor trailers over 10 tons are banned in a number of mountain passes; tire chains are required in these areas as well. Drivers are asked to exercise extreme caution.
- » Lab Tests Show Radioactivity in Water Pipe in SW Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Environment Ministry Warns of Possible Flash Floods
- » 6 Bulgarian Districts Bracing for Heavy Rain, Thunderstorms, Hail
- » Bulgarian Tourism Organizations Sign Environment Protection Memorandum
- » Bulgaria's Southern Black Sea Coast Returns to Normal after Floods
- » Code Yellow in 5 Bulgarian Districts over Hail, Torrents Friday