Snowfall Causes 2 Railway Failures in Bulgaria
Railway traffic has been halted in two sections of Bulgaria's railroad network after snow caused failure of the power supply line.
The two affected areas are the sections between Zimnitsa and Tserkovski in central southern Bulgaria, and Aytos and Chernograd in the southeast.
The Bulgarian State Railways (BDZ) company said repair is under way and arrangements have been made to employ diesel locomotives to deliver trapped passengers.
- » Bulgarian Scientists Foresee Economic Growth of 1.4 % in 2015
- » Additional BGN 15 M Needed for Sofia's Subway Extension
- » Explosion-Stricken Unit of Bulgaria’s VMZ Sopot Military Plant to Start Functioning in a Week
- » Bulgaria Speeds Up Construction of Maritsa Motorway Lot 2 ahead of EU Commissioner’s Visit
- » Bulgarian Food Safety Agency Head Dismissed amid Extortion Allegations
- » Average Wage in Bulgaria Increased 4-fold in 2000-2015