Bulgarian Nabbed with Half Tonne of Hashish in Greece
A Bulgarian citizen has been detained in the Greek port of Patras after 550 kg of hashish were discovered in the truck he was driving.
The heavy truck with a Bulgarian license plate was officially carrying oranges for Italy.
The Greek police acted on an advance signal and believe that the shipment is part of a major channel for drugs toward Central European countries.
The detained Bulgarian is currently being questioned by the police, reports the Bulgarian National Radio, adding he might face up to 20 years in jail.
- » Varna Court Asked to Extradite Convicted Drug Smuggler to Germany
- » Deputy Mayor, Municipal Secretary, Banking Official Arrested over Pension Scheme Fraud
- » Regional Environment Inspectorate Head Arrested for Soliciting Bribe
- » Chief of Police in Bulgaria's Smolyan Removed from Office
- » Oscar Pistorius Gets 5 Years In Jail For Killing His Girlfriend
- » Bulgarian Customs Apprehend 5 M Fake Russian Excise Labels