Bulgarian Nabbed with Half Tonne of Hashish in Greece
A Bulgarian citizen has been detained in the Greek port of Patras after 550 kg of hashish were discovered in the truck he was driving.
The heavy truck with a Bulgarian license plate was officially carrying oranges for Italy.
The Greek police acted on an advance signal and believe that the shipment is part of a major channel for drugs toward Central European countries.
The detained Bulgarian is currently being questioned by the police, reports the Bulgarian National Radio, adding he might face up to 20 years in jail.
- » Young Girl Found Dead in Elevator in Burgas
- » Man, 64, 'shot his 42-year-old wife in Sofia
- » Daughter of Tsvetan Vassilev Charged with Money Laundering
- » 1658 Liters of Illegal Alcohol was Detained on the Black Sea Coast
- » Macedonian Customs Officers Detained Bulgarian Car with 22kg Marijuana
- » A British Court Sentenced Bulgarian Heroin Trafficker to 14 Years in Prison