Bulgarian Nabbed with Half Tonne of Hashish in Greece
A Bulgarian citizen has been detained in the Greek port of Patras after 550 kg of hashish were discovered in the truck he was driving.
The heavy truck with a Bulgarian license plate was officially carrying oranges for Italy.
The Greek police acted on an advance signal and believe that the shipment is part of a major channel for drugs toward Central European countries.
The detained Bulgarian is currently being questioned by the police, reports the Bulgarian National Radio, adding he might face up to 20 years in jail.
- » 2 Masked Men Rob Bank Office in Bulgaria's Yambol
- » Armed Man Plunders Gas Station in Bulgaria's Sofia City
- » Bulgaria Police Uncover Tax Fraud Worth over BGN 30 M
- » Bulgaria's Dogan Attacker Sentenced to 3.6 Years in Jail
- » Bulgaria's Notorious SAPARD Fraud Case Misfires Again
- » English Chelsea Fans Stabbed in Istanbul Clashes