Bulgarian Nabbed with Half Tonne of Hashish in Greece
A Bulgarian citizen has been detained in the Greek port of Patras after 550 kg of hashish were discovered in the truck he was driving.
The heavy truck with a Bulgarian license plate was officially carrying oranges for Italy.
The Greek police acted on an advance signal and believe that the shipment is part of a major channel for drugs toward Central European countries.
The detained Bulgarian is currently being questioned by the police, reports the Bulgarian National Radio, adding he might face up to 20 years in jail.
- » Bulgarian Court Fines 82-Year-Old Woman over Cannabis Growing
- » Bulgarian Prosecutors Resubmit Indictment against Sigma Police Officers
- » Trial against Bulgarian Businessman Grisha Ganchev Kicks Off
- » Bulgarian Man Charged with Rape, Murder of British National in Malomir
- » Sofia Court Postpones Decision on Extradition of Technomarket Co-founder to Italy
- » Bulgaria to Rule on Technomarket CEO's Extradition to Italy