Wawrinka Snatches Australian Open from Nadal
Swiss tennis player Stanislas Wawrinka won the Australian Open final match against Spain's Rafael Nadal, winning his first grand slam trophy.
Nadal suffered a back injury during the game, even for some time in the second set giving the impression that he will give up.
However, he continued, winning the third set, after loosing the first two, but then had to loose again the fourth.
The final in Melbourne ended 6:3, 6:2, 3:6, 6:3 for Wawrinka.
The Swiss player will rise to number 3 in the ATP rankings, the highest position in his career this far.
This year's Australian Open saw a stellar performance by Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov, who had to lose a contested quarter final against Nadal.
- » Ludogorets Tied 2:2 with PSG, Qualifying for Europa League
- » Kubrat Pulev Triumphs over Simon Peter, Grabbing WBA Boxing Belt
- » Bulgaria's CSKA Pledges Donation to Family of Chapecoense Plane Crash Victim
- » Bulgaria's Pulev to Face Samuel Peter for WBA Boxing Title on Saturday
- » Sofia to Host European Homeless Cup Next Year
- » Former Bayern Munich President Gets Re-elected