Wawrinka Snatches Australian Open from Nadal
Swiss tennis player Stanislas Wawrinka won the Australian Open final match against Spain's Rafael Nadal, winning his first grand slam trophy.
Nadal suffered a back injury during the game, even for some time in the second set giving the impression that he will give up.
However, he continued, winning the third set, after loosing the first two, but then had to loose again the fourth.
The final in Melbourne ended 6:3, 6:2, 3:6, 6:3 for Wawrinka.
The Swiss player will rise to number 3 in the ATP rankings, the highest position in his career this far.
This year's Australian Open saw a stellar performance by Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov, who had to lose a contested quarter final against Nadal.
- » Bulgaria's Slavia, Beroe Achieve Victory, Draw in Europa League Qualifiers
- » Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov Moves into 3rd Round of Wimbledon Tournament
- » Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova Ousted in First Round of Wimbledon
- » CSKA Sofia Returns to Bulgaria's Top Football Division
- » Bulgarian Defender Ivan Ivanov joins Greece’s Football Club Panathinaikos
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Makes It Past Wimbledon's 1st Round