Wawrinka Snatches Australian Open from Nadal
Swiss tennis player Stanislas Wawrinka won the Australian Open final match against Spain's Rafael Nadal, winning his first grand slam trophy.
Nadal suffered a back injury during the game, even for some time in the second set giving the impression that he will give up.
However, he continued, winning the third set, after loosing the first two, but then had to loose again the fourth.
The final in Melbourne ended 6:3, 6:2, 3:6, 6:3 for Wawrinka.
The Swiss player will rise to number 3 in the ATP rankings, the highest position in his career this far.
This year's Australian Open saw a stellar performance by Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov, who had to lose a contested quarter final against Nadal.
- » Bulgarian Football Union Approves Ivaylo Petev Unanimously
- » Ivaylo Petev 'to Become' Coach of Bulgaria's Men National Football Team
- » Bulgaria IntMin Continues Investigation of Alleged Football Match Fixing
- » Bulgaria’s Ludogorets Defeated by Real Madrid 0:4
- » Bulgaria’s Ludogorets Losing to Real Madrid 0:2 in 1st Half
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Travels to Madrid in Search of a Miracle