France's Former First Lady Trierweiler Says Farewell to Elysee Staff
Shortly after the announcement of French President Francois Hollande that they were no longer a couple, Valerie Trierweiler thanked the staff of the Elysee Palace on Twitter.
"My gratitude goes to the extraordinary staff at the Elysee," the 48-year-old said on Twitter late Saturday, according to reports of DPA and the Bulgarian Telegraph Agency. "I will never forget its devotion or the emotions at the moment of departure."
On Saturday, French President Francois Hollande confirmed his separation from his partner Valerie Trierweiler, announcing that their "shared life" had ended.
Two weeks ago, celebrity magazine Closer published a report that Hollande had been having an affair with film actress Julie Gayet.
- » UK Publishes More EU Negotiation Plans
- » French Presidency Gives Official Role to Brigitte Macron
- » The Romanina Coastal Guard Detained a Boat Carrying 70 Refugees
- » Moroccan Imam at Centre of Spain Terror Cell Had Links with Madrid Bombers and Belgium
- » Turkey and Iran are Planning an Attack on Kurds
- » US to Curb Issuance of Non-Immigrant Visas in Russia