France's Former First Lady Trierweiler Says Farewell to Elysee Staff
Shortly after the announcement of French President Francois Hollande that they were no longer a couple, Valerie Trierweiler thanked the staff of the Elysee Palace on Twitter.
"My gratitude goes to the extraordinary staff at the Elysee," the 48-year-old said on Twitter late Saturday, according to reports of DPA and the Bulgarian Telegraph Agency. "I will never forget its devotion or the emotions at the moment of departure."
On Saturday, French President Francois Hollande confirmed his separation from his partner Valerie Trierweiler, announcing that their "shared life" had ended.
Two weeks ago, celebrity magazine Closer published a report that Hollande had been having an affair with film actress Julie Gayet.
- » Greek Police Arrest Syrian Suspected of Terrorism Overseas
- » EU Leaders 'Green-Light' Internal Preparations for Brexit Trade Talks
- » Spanish Government Aims for January Regional Elections in Catalonia
- » North Korea will soon Improve its Nuclear Program, said the CIA Chief
- » Turkey Orders Arrest of 110 People Over Gulen Links
- » Merkel Sends Positive Signal to May on Brexit Talks