France's Former First Lady Trierweiler Says Farewell to Elysee Staff
Shortly after the announcement of French President Francois Hollande that they were no longer a couple, Valerie Trierweiler thanked the staff of the Elysee Palace on Twitter.
"My gratitude goes to the extraordinary staff at the Elysee," the 48-year-old said on Twitter late Saturday, according to reports of DPA and the Bulgarian Telegraph Agency. "I will never forget its devotion or the emotions at the moment of departure."
On Saturday, French President Francois Hollande confirmed his separation from his partner Valerie Trierweiler, announcing that their "shared life" had ended.
Two weeks ago, celebrity magazine Closer published a report that Hollande had been having an affair with film actress Julie Gayet.
- » Ex-Greek FinMin Varoufakis's Movement 'to Seek Allies in Bulgaria'
- » Two Bulgaria-Greece Border Crossings Sealed to All Traffic
- » Greek Farmers Warn of 'More Intense' Blockade on Bulgaria-Greece Border
- » Merkel to Discuss Migrant Crisis with Davutoglu in Ankara Monday
- » Bulgaria Agrees Joint Action to Curb Organised Begging in Sweden
- » Bulgarian Transport Minister to Hold Talks with Protesting Greek Farmers