France's Former First Lady Trierweiler Says Farewell to Elysee Staff
Shortly after the announcement of French President Francois Hollande that they were no longer a couple, Valerie Trierweiler thanked the staff of the Elysee Palace on Twitter.
"My gratitude goes to the extraordinary staff at the Elysee," the 48-year-old said on Twitter late Saturday, according to reports of DPA and the Bulgarian Telegraph Agency. "I will never forget its devotion or the emotions at the moment of departure."
On Saturday, French President Francois Hollande confirmed his separation from his partner Valerie Trierweiler, announcing that their "shared life" had ended.
Two weeks ago, celebrity magazine Closer published a report that Hollande had been having an affair with film actress Julie Gayet.
- » Violent Protest in Madrid over Migrant Death
- » Donald Trump Jr. and Vanessa Trump are Separating
- » Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia: If Iran Develops a Nuclear Bomb Riyadh will Follow
- » U.S. Accuses Iran of Trying to Influence Iraq's Election
- » Kremlin Promises Retaliation Against UK Over Diplomat Expulsions After Ex-Spy's Poisoning
- » Russian Plane Loses Almost Nine Tonnes of Gold Amid Incident in Yakutsk