France's Former First Lady Trierweiler Says Farewell to Elysee Staff
Shortly after the announcement of French President Francois Hollande that they were no longer a couple, Valerie Trierweiler thanked the staff of the Elysee Palace on Twitter.
"My gratitude goes to the extraordinary staff at the Elysee," the 48-year-old said on Twitter late Saturday, according to reports of DPA and the Bulgarian Telegraph Agency. "I will never forget its devotion or the emotions at the moment of departure."
On Saturday, French President Francois Hollande confirmed his separation from his partner Valerie Trierweiler, announcing that their "shared life" had ended.
Two weeks ago, celebrity magazine Closer published a report that Hollande had been having an affair with film actress Julie Gayet.
- » Russia Plans to Strengthen Control of Turkish Food Imports
- » 15 People Killed, 10 Others Injured as Russian Helicopter Crashes in Eastern Siberia
- » EU Commission President Says Schengen Is “Partly Comatose”
- » Germany Promises Further Assistance to France in Fight Against Terrorism
- » Surviving Pilot Says Turkey Issued No Warning Before Shooting down Russian Warplane
- » IS Group Claims Responsibility for Tunis Blast