France's Former First Lady Trierweiler Says Farewell to Elysee Staff
Shortly after the announcement of French President Francois Hollande that they were no longer a couple, Valerie Trierweiler thanked the staff of the Elysee Palace on Twitter.
"My gratitude goes to the extraordinary staff at the Elysee," the 48-year-old said on Twitter late Saturday, according to reports of DPA and the Bulgarian Telegraph Agency. "I will never forget its devotion or the emotions at the moment of departure."
On Saturday, French President Francois Hollande confirmed his separation from his partner Valerie Trierweiler, announcing that their "shared life" had ended.
Two weeks ago, celebrity magazine Closer published a report that Hollande had been having an affair with film actress Julie Gayet.
- » Russia Warns Google, Twitter, Facebook of Possible Blocking of Services
- » At Least 30 Casualties as Suicide Bomber Targets Shia Mosque in Saudi Arabia
- » Kristalina Georgieva Appointed Co-Chair to UN Humanitarian Financing Panel
- » David Cameron Vows to Seize Pay of Illegal Migrants Working in UK
- » Bulgaria, Italy Agree to Deepen Cooperation in Dealing with Migratory Pressure
- » Macedonian Opposition Leader Dismisses Speculation of Partitioning