France's Former First Lady Trierweiler Says Farewell to Elysee Staff
Shortly after the announcement of French President Francois Hollande that they were no longer a couple, Valerie Trierweiler thanked the staff of the Elysee Palace on Twitter.
"My gratitude goes to the extraordinary staff at the Elysee," the 48-year-old said on Twitter late Saturday, according to reports of DPA and the Bulgarian Telegraph Agency. "I will never forget its devotion or the emotions at the moment of departure."
On Saturday, French President Francois Hollande confirmed his separation from his partner Valerie Trierweiler, announcing that their "shared life" had ended.
Two weeks ago, celebrity magazine Closer published a report that Hollande had been having an affair with film actress Julie Gayet.
- » "Islamic State" Terrorist Cell in St Petersburg is Destroyed
- » NASA has Discovered a Solar System with the Same Number of Planets as ours
- » EU Leaders Agree to Move to Second-Stage Brexit Talks
- » Kosovo's Bid For Council of Europe Membership in January 2018
- » Greek Gov’t Aims to Speed Up Migrant Returns to Turkey
- » The US Federal Communications Commission Repealed the Principle of Net Neutrality