France's Former First Lady Trierweiler Says Farewell to Elysee Staff
Shortly after the announcement of French President Francois Hollande that they were no longer a couple, Valerie Trierweiler thanked the staff of the Elysee Palace on Twitter.
"My gratitude goes to the extraordinary staff at the Elysee," the 48-year-old said on Twitter late Saturday, according to reports of DPA and the Bulgarian Telegraph Agency. "I will never forget its devotion or the emotions at the moment of departure."
On Saturday, French President Francois Hollande confirmed his separation from his partner Valerie Trierweiler, announcing that their "shared life" had ended.
Two weeks ago, celebrity magazine Closer published a report that Hollande had been having an affair with film actress Julie Gayet.
- » Putin Allows Recognition of Passports from Donetsk, Luhansk 'Republics'
- » Schulz Overtakes on Merkel in Chancellor Race by Big Margin - Poll
- » Albania Braces for Massive anti-Opposition Protests
- » Munich Conference on Security To Be Attended by World Leaders
- » Albania's PM Rama: Albania, Kosovo Will Have Joint Embassies
- » 14 EU Member-States May Still Thwart CETA