EU Remains Ready to Sign Association Agreement with Ukraine
The EU remains ready to sign an Association Agreement with Ukraine, according to the UNIAN news agency, citing a statement of European Council President Herman Van Rompuy.
Speaking after a meeting with Poland's Prime Minister Donald Tusk in Warsaw, Rompuy condemned the unjustified use of force and brutality by the Ukrainian authorities against demonstrators, most of whom peaceful.
The EU Council President expressed his condolences to the families of the victims and insisted that those responsible for the violence had to be held accountable.
He wished speedy recovery to the hundreds of wounded and called for the immediate release of all who had been arrested for participating in peaceful protests.
- » Angela Merkel Calls for Quick Solution to Russia-Ukraine Gas Spat
- » Energy Commissioner Oettinger Opposes EU Sanctions against Russia’s Gas Sector
- » Israel Claims to Have Shot Down Syrian Aircraft
- » US, Arab States Carry Out Tens of Air Strikes Against IS in Syria
- » New Polish Gov't to Seek Normal Relations with Russia, Ukraine
- » Romanian PM Ponta Survives No-Confidence Vote