EU Remains Ready to Sign Association Agreement with Ukraine
The EU remains ready to sign an Association Agreement with Ukraine, according to the UNIAN news agency, citing a statement of European Council President Herman Van Rompuy.
Speaking after a meeting with Poland's Prime Minister Donald Tusk in Warsaw, Rompuy condemned the unjustified use of force and brutality by the Ukrainian authorities against demonstrators, most of whom peaceful.
The EU Council President expressed his condolences to the families of the victims and insisted that those responsible for the violence had to be held accountable.
He wished speedy recovery to the hundreds of wounded and called for the immediate release of all who had been arrested for participating in peaceful protests.
- » Norway Becomes the 1st Country in the World to Completely Switch Off its FM Radios
- » At Least 30 People were Killed in Air Strikes in the Capital of Yemen
- » The Catalan Crisis Could Cause Spain to Lose 12 Billion Euros
- » The Last European Council For 2017 to Begin in Brussels Today
- » MPs Win Right to Final Vote on Brexit
- » General Strike to Disrupt Public Transport, Government Services