EU Remains Ready to Sign Association Agreement with Ukraine
The EU remains ready to sign an Association Agreement with Ukraine, according to the UNIAN news agency, citing a statement of European Council President Herman Van Rompuy.
Speaking after a meeting with Poland's Prime Minister Donald Tusk in Warsaw, Rompuy condemned the unjustified use of force and brutality by the Ukrainian authorities against demonstrators, most of whom peaceful.
The EU Council President expressed his condolences to the families of the victims and insisted that those responsible for the violence had to be held accountable.
He wished speedy recovery to the hundreds of wounded and called for the immediate release of all who had been arrested for participating in peaceful protests.
- » At Least 32 Killed in an Attack on a Police Station in Afghanistan
- » Germany Sentenced a 88-year-old Holocaust Denier to Prison
- » Smoking on the Beach in Thailand is Now Fined with USD 3000
- » France Plans Anti-Street Harassment Law
- » The Number of Immigrants in the United States is more than 43 Million
- » North Korean Diplomat: Nuclear War May Break out at any Moment