EU Remains Ready to Sign Association Agreement with Ukraine
The EU remains ready to sign an Association Agreement with Ukraine, according to the UNIAN news agency, citing a statement of European Council President Herman Van Rompuy.
Speaking after a meeting with Poland's Prime Minister Donald Tusk in Warsaw, Rompuy condemned the unjustified use of force and brutality by the Ukrainian authorities against demonstrators, most of whom peaceful.
The EU Council President expressed his condolences to the families of the victims and insisted that those responsible for the violence had to be held accountable.
He wished speedy recovery to the hundreds of wounded and called for the immediate release of all who had been arrested for participating in peaceful protests.
- » EC Proposes Measures to Improve E-Commerce, Increase Customer Trust
- » Eurogroup Agrees to Release Next Tranche of Greek Bailout
- » Leader of Turkey's Ruling Party Announces New Cabinet
- » Greece Begins Relocation of Migrants from Idomeni Refugee Camp
- » Former Green Leader Achieves Narrow Victory in Austria's Presidential Election
- » New AKP Leader Binali Yildirim Working to Form Turkey’s New Government