EU Remains Ready to Sign Association Agreement with Ukraine
The EU remains ready to sign an Association Agreement with Ukraine, according to the UNIAN news agency, citing a statement of European Council President Herman Van Rompuy.
Speaking after a meeting with Poland's Prime Minister Donald Tusk in Warsaw, Rompuy condemned the unjustified use of force and brutality by the Ukrainian authorities against demonstrators, most of whom peaceful.
The EU Council President expressed his condolences to the families of the victims and insisted that those responsible for the violence had to be held accountable.
He wished speedy recovery to the hundreds of wounded and called for the immediate release of all who had been arrested for participating in peaceful protests.
- » Turkey's Erdogan Says Ready to Meet Putin over Russia Plane
- » Turkey Gets EUR 3 B, Visa Waiver to Deter EU-Bound Migrants
- » Turkey to Hand Over Body of Pilot of Downed Su-24 to Russia
- » Leaders of EU, Turkey to Hold Summit on Migration Crisis
- » Clash Between Macedonian Police, Migrants Leaves Scores Injured at Border with Greece
- » Russian President Signs Decree Introducing Sanctions Against Turkey