EU Remains Ready to Sign Association Agreement with Ukraine
The EU remains ready to sign an Association Agreement with Ukraine, according to the UNIAN news agency, citing a statement of European Council President Herman Van Rompuy.
Speaking after a meeting with Poland's Prime Minister Donald Tusk in Warsaw, Rompuy condemned the unjustified use of force and brutality by the Ukrainian authorities against demonstrators, most of whom peaceful.
The EU Council President expressed his condolences to the families of the victims and insisted that those responsible for the violence had to be held accountable.
He wished speedy recovery to the hundreds of wounded and called for the immediate release of all who had been arrested for participating in peaceful protests.
- » Three-Way Summit to Lay Basis for Supplying Turkmen Gas to Europe
- » Migrants Arrivals by Sea in Europe Top 242,000 so far in 2016 – IOM
- » Some 4,700 People Remanded in Custody in Turkey over Failed Coup Attempt
- » Turkish Airlines to Maintain Normal Operations during Emergency Rule
- » France Charges Five Suspects over Nice Truck Attack
- » EU’s Mogherini Calls on Turkey to Respect Human Rights during Emergency Rule