EU Remains Ready to Sign Association Agreement with Ukraine
The EU remains ready to sign an Association Agreement with Ukraine, according to the UNIAN news agency, citing a statement of European Council President Herman Van Rompuy.
Speaking after a meeting with Poland's Prime Minister Donald Tusk in Warsaw, Rompuy condemned the unjustified use of force and brutality by the Ukrainian authorities against demonstrators, most of whom peaceful.
The EU Council President expressed his condolences to the families of the victims and insisted that those responsible for the violence had to be held accountable.
He wished speedy recovery to the hundreds of wounded and called for the immediate release of all who had been arrested for participating in peaceful protests.
- » Greek Defence Minister Kammenos Warns Turkey's Erdogan Of Revising International Law
- » Macedonia Bans Serbian Music
- » Europol: Growth in Migrant Trafficking Through Bulgaria Is Disturbing
- » Thousands Take To The Streets To Protest Hungary's Anti-Migrant Policy
- » Turkish Authorities Lay Off 1,500 Prison Employees
- » Turkey Demands EU Fulfil Its Promise for Visa-Free Regime by End of 2016