EU Remains Ready to Sign Association Agreement with Ukraine
The EU remains ready to sign an Association Agreement with Ukraine, according to the UNIAN news agency, citing a statement of European Council President Herman Van Rompuy.
Speaking after a meeting with Poland's Prime Minister Donald Tusk in Warsaw, Rompuy condemned the unjustified use of force and brutality by the Ukrainian authorities against demonstrators, most of whom peaceful.
The EU Council President expressed his condolences to the families of the victims and insisted that those responsible for the violence had to be held accountable.
He wished speedy recovery to the hundreds of wounded and called for the immediate release of all who had been arrested for participating in peaceful protests.
- » Christians Celebrate Easter, Pope Blesses World
- » South Korean Families Protest Over 'Slow' Rescue Operation
- » Five Dead In a Shooting in Slaviansk
- » Ukraine Announces ‘Easter Truce’
- » Russia’s Demand to Kiev to Settle Gas Debt Not Related to Politics
- » Lavrov, Kerry to Continue Talks on Crisis in Ukraine