EU Remains Ready to Sign Association Agreement with Ukraine
The EU remains ready to sign an Association Agreement with Ukraine, according to the UNIAN news agency, citing a statement of European Council President Herman Van Rompuy.
Speaking after a meeting with Poland's Prime Minister Donald Tusk in Warsaw, Rompuy condemned the unjustified use of force and brutality by the Ukrainian authorities against demonstrators, most of whom peaceful.
The EU Council President expressed his condolences to the families of the victims and insisted that those responsible for the violence had to be held accountable.
He wished speedy recovery to the hundreds of wounded and called for the immediate release of all who had been arrested for participating in peaceful protests.
- » Angela Merkel Severely Criticized Countries Unwilling to Accept More Refugees
- » Czech Republic Refuses to Admit Refugees from Turkey
- » German Vice Chancellor Sigmar Gabriel Criticizes Merkel's Migration Policy
- » Germany Expects No More than 300 Refugees By End Year
- » Alexis Tsipras: EU is Sleepwalker, Closing In on the Abyss
- » Hungary Proposes to Send Police to Help Serbia Guard Borders against Migrants