15 Bulgarian Districts under Yellow-level Weather Alert
A yellow level weather alert has been issued for 15 Bulgarian districts, according to data of the National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology.
The weather warning is in place for the districts of Kardzhali, Haskovo, Yambol, Stara Zagora, Sliven, Gabrovo, Veliko Tarnovo, Targovishte, Razgrad, Shumen, Ruse, Silistra, Dobrich, Varna and Burgas.
These districts will experience moderate to strong winds from north-northeast. It will snow and there will be conditions for blizzards.
Bulgaria's Black Sea coast will see rain and snow.
On Monday, precipitation will start stopping, last in northeastern Bulgaria, where it will remain windy, while the wind in the other regions will subside. Overcast skies will remain, with temporary scatterings in western Bulgaria. Temperatures throughout the day will stay in the negative numbers.
- » EU Greenhouse Gas Emissions Dropped by Almost 2% in 2013
- » Thousands Suffer Power Cuts, Blackouts After Bulgaria's First Snow
- » Bulgaria’s Burgas Calls Off State of Emergency after Weekend of Heavy Rain
- » Heavy Snow, Rain Cause Chaos Throughout Bulgaria
- » Code Orange Issued in 17 Bulgarian Districts Over First Snow
- » Bulgaria's Osam, Vit Rivers Water Levels Increasing Due to Heavy Rains