15 Bulgarian Districts under Yellow-level Weather Alert
A yellow level weather alert has been issued for 15 Bulgarian districts, according to data of the National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology.
The weather warning is in place for the districts of Kardzhali, Haskovo, Yambol, Stara Zagora, Sliven, Gabrovo, Veliko Tarnovo, Targovishte, Razgrad, Shumen, Ruse, Silistra, Dobrich, Varna and Burgas.
These districts will experience moderate to strong winds from north-northeast. It will snow and there will be conditions for blizzards.
Bulgaria's Black Sea coast will see rain and snow.
On Monday, precipitation will start stopping, last in northeastern Bulgaria, where it will remain windy, while the wind in the other regions will subside. Overcast skies will remain, with temporary scatterings in western Bulgaria. Temperatures throughout the day will stay in the negative numbers.
- » Forest Fire Damage in Bulgaria since Jan 2015 Estimated at BGN 10 M
- » Temperatures in Bulgaria to Exceed 40 Degrees as Heat Wave Reaches Its Peak
- » 3-Magnitude Earthquake Shakes Southern Bulgaria
- » Code Orange Issued in 21 Bulgarian Regions over Dangerous Heat
- » 4-Magnitude Earthquake in Greece Felt in Bulgaria
- » Decreasing Water Levels Hamper Sailing on Danube Near Bulgaria's Belene