15 Bulgarian Districts under Yellow-level Weather Alert
A yellow level weather alert has been issued for 15 Bulgarian districts, according to data of the National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology.
The weather warning is in place for the districts of Kardzhali, Haskovo, Yambol, Stara Zagora, Sliven, Gabrovo, Veliko Tarnovo, Targovishte, Razgrad, Shumen, Ruse, Silistra, Dobrich, Varna and Burgas.
These districts will experience moderate to strong winds from north-northeast. It will snow and there will be conditions for blizzards.
Bulgaria's Black Sea coast will see rain and snow.
On Monday, precipitation will start stopping, last in northeastern Bulgaria, where it will remain windy, while the wind in the other regions will subside. Overcast skies will remain, with temporary scatterings in western Bulgaria. Temperatures throughout the day will stay in the negative numbers.
- » Today is the Official Start of Astronomical Summer
- » NIMH: Yellow Code for Strong Wind in 8 Regions
- » NIMH: Weather Will be Sunny, Max. Temperatures Between 26° and 31°
- » NIMH: Rains with Thunders Over Eastern and Southwestern Regions, Max Temperatures 26°-31°
- » Seismologists Do Not Expect New Strong Quakes in Greece and Turkey
- » Mostly Sunny, Max Temperatures 28°-33°, in Sofia 29°