Ukraine President, Opposition Go on New Round of Talks
Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych has started a new round of talks with opposition leader, amid escalating violence at anti-government protests in Kiev.
Accompanied by senior advisors, Yanukovych is meeting UDAR party leader Vitali Klitschko, Homeland party leader Arseniy Yatsenyuk, and Freedom party leader Oleg Tyagnybok.
The previous rounds of talks have failed to give any palpable results.
At least 6 protesters are reported to have been killed in clashes, with some opposition sources claiming the number might be greater.
At the same time, other sources said protesters are holding two policemen hostage.
- » Russian Humanitarian Aid Convoy Enters Ukraine's Donbass
- » EP Approves Association With Georgia, Calls Russia to Withdraw
- » European Council Approves Juncker's EUR 315 B Investment Plan
- » Lifting of Sanctions Against Russia Dependent on Ukrainian Integrity - EU
- » EU Slaps New Sanctions on Crimea Targeting Energy, Tourism
- » High Rates, Volatile Rouble Increase Risks to Russia’s Economy, Fitch Says