Ukraine President, Opposition Go on New Round of Talks
Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych has started a new round of talks with opposition leader, amid escalating violence at anti-government protests in Kiev.
Accompanied by senior advisors, Yanukovych is meeting UDAR party leader Vitali Klitschko, Homeland party leader Arseniy Yatsenyuk, and Freedom party leader Oleg Tyagnybok.
The previous rounds of talks have failed to give any palpable results.
At least 6 protesters are reported to have been killed in clashes, with some opposition sources claiming the number might be greater.
At the same time, other sources said protesters are holding two policemen hostage.
- » Greek FinMin Dismisses Further Negotiations with Troika
- » EU Moves to Extend Russia Sanctions over Ukraine
- » Russia Suspends Its Participation in PACE Until End of Year
- » EP's Schulz Criticises Tsipras of Splitting Common EU Stance on Russia
- » EU Foreign Ministers to Discuss Further Sanctions Against Russia
- » New Greek Govt Objects to EU Call for Further Sanctions on Russia