Ukraine President, Opposition Go on New Round of Talks
Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych has started a new round of talks with opposition leader, amid escalating violence at anti-government protests in Kiev.
Accompanied by senior advisors, Yanukovych is meeting UDAR party leader Vitali Klitschko, Homeland party leader Arseniy Yatsenyuk, and Freedom party leader Oleg Tyagnybok.
The previous rounds of talks have failed to give any palpable results.
At least 6 protesters are reported to have been killed in clashes, with some opposition sources claiming the number might be greater.
At the same time, other sources said protesters are holding two policemen hostage.
- » US Officially Takes Cuba Off State-Sponsored Terrorism List
- » Russia Issues Travel Ban on 89 EU Politicians
- » EU Commissioner Johannes Hahn to Visit Macedonia Tuesday
- » False Bomb Threat Fails to Disrupt FIFA Congress
- » Serbian PM Expresses Readiness to Reduce Country's Dependence on Russian Gas
- » Macedonia's Crisis Affecting Entire Region, Zaev Tells Bulgaria PM