Ukraine President, Opposition Go on New Round of Talks
Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych has started a new round of talks with opposition leader, amid escalating violence at anti-government protests in Kiev.
Accompanied by senior advisors, Yanukovych is meeting UDAR party leader Vitali Klitschko, Homeland party leader Arseniy Yatsenyuk, and Freedom party leader Oleg Tyagnybok.
The previous rounds of talks have failed to give any palpable results.
At least 6 protesters are reported to have been killed in clashes, with some opposition sources claiming the number might be greater.
At the same time, other sources said protesters are holding two policemen hostage.
- » Poland Moves to Make Shale Gas Extraction Tax-Free by 2020
- » Unrest in Turkey after Death of Teenage Gezi Park Protest Victim
- » EU to impose sanctions on Russia Monday
- » Missing Malaysian Plane Tracked Off Western Coast – Report
- » Macedonia with Highest Share of Female MPs in Balkans
- » Stolen Passports on Disappeared Malaysia Plane Are 'No Terror Link'