Ukraine President, Opposition Go on New Round of Talks
Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych has started a new round of talks with opposition leader, amid escalating violence at anti-government protests in Kiev.
Accompanied by senior advisors, Yanukovych is meeting UDAR party leader Vitali Klitschko, Homeland party leader Arseniy Yatsenyuk, and Freedom party leader Oleg Tyagnybok.
The previous rounds of talks have failed to give any palpable results.
At least 6 protesters are reported to have been killed in clashes, with some opposition sources claiming the number might be greater.
At the same time, other sources said protesters are holding two policemen hostage.
- » Russia 'Not EU's Strategic Partner Anymore' - Mogherini
- » Turkey Summons US Charge d'Affaires over Spying Report
- » Ukraine Soldiers, Rebels Clash at Luhansk Airport
- » Five Killed in Plane Crash in US Colorado
- » EU Leaders Give Russia 7 Days to Reverse Course in Ukraine or Face New Sanctions
- » NATO to Set up 10,000-Strong Force in Response to Ukraine Crisis