Harsh Winter Stops Traffic on 1st Bulgaria-Romania Danube Bridge
Traffic on the so-called Danube Bridge 1, linking Bulgaria and Romania, has been temporarily halted due to inclement winter conditions in Romania.
Romanian authorities have stopped traffic on the Giurgiu - Bucharest national road due to heavy snowfall, ice and strong winds.
The halting of traffic on the bridge, between Giurgiu and Ruse in Bulgaria aims to prevent incidents, said the Bulgarian Ministry of Interior.
The Bulgarian road police has organized stations to inform drivers heading to the bridge to turn back.
- » Turnover at Greek Referendum Likely to Exceed 40% Threshold
- » Greece Will Need Another Currency if ‘No’ Vote Prevails in Referendum – Martin Schulz
- » Moody’s Downgrades DSK and Raiffeisen Banks
- » Bulgarian Village Lozen Suffers Unannounced Electricity Disruptions
- » Sofia’s Airport Takes Measures to Battle Illegal Taxis
- » ECB 'to Extend Backstop to Bulgaria' over Greece Crisis