Harsh Winter Stops Traffic on 1st Bulgaria-Romania Danube Bridge
Traffic on the so-called Danube Bridge 1, linking Bulgaria and Romania, has been temporarily halted due to inclement winter conditions in Romania.
Romanian authorities have stopped traffic on the Giurgiu - Bucharest national road due to heavy snowfall, ice and strong winds.
The halting of traffic on the bridge, between Giurgiu and Ruse in Bulgaria aims to prevent incidents, said the Bulgarian Ministry of Interior.
The Bulgarian road police has organized stations to inform drivers heading to the bridge to turn back.
- » Bulgaria's State Watchdog to Discuss Gas Price Hike
- » Residents of Bulgaria’s Smolyan Protest Biomass-Fired Power Plant Project
- » EU Ready to Discuss South Stream at Trilateral Gas Talks on Sept 26
- » European Underground Gas Depots 91.37% Full by Sept 21
- » Bulgaria to Export over 2 M Tonnes of Wheat in 2014
- » Bulgarian Caretaker Minister Emphasizes Increase in Tourist Numbers, Revenues