Harsh Winter Stops Traffic on 1st Bulgaria-Romania Danube Bridge
Traffic on the so-called Danube Bridge 1, linking Bulgaria and Romania, has been temporarily halted due to inclement winter conditions in Romania.
Romanian authorities have stopped traffic on the Giurgiu - Bucharest national road due to heavy snowfall, ice and strong winds.
The halting of traffic on the bridge, between Giurgiu and Ruse in Bulgaria aims to prevent incidents, said the Bulgarian Ministry of Interior.
The Bulgarian road police has organized stations to inform drivers heading to the bridge to turn back.
- » Bulgaria Will Fight for South Stream Gas Pipeline – Energy Minister
- » Bulgaria's Foreign Minister: Gas Supply Disruptions Not Ruled Out
- » Bulgaria Has Second Highest Growth of New Car Sales in Q1
- » Turkish Airlines Launches Direct Flights Varna – Istanbul
- » Turkey to Allow South Stream Passage "if Russia Requests It"
- » South Stream-Bulgaria: Work on Local Pipeline Section Continues