Harsh Winter Stops Traffic on 1st Bulgaria-Romania Danube Bridge
Traffic on the so-called Danube Bridge 1, linking Bulgaria and Romania, has been temporarily halted due to inclement winter conditions in Romania.
Romanian authorities have stopped traffic on the Giurgiu - Bucharest national road due to heavy snowfall, ice and strong winds.
The halting of traffic on the bridge, between Giurgiu and Ruse in Bulgaria aims to prevent incidents, said the Bulgarian Ministry of Interior.
The Bulgarian road police has organized stations to inform drivers heading to the bridge to turn back.
- » Gazprom Directors' Board to Discuss Issues of South Stream Bulgaria
- » Economy Ministry Working to Ensure Varna TPP Will Remain Open
- » Merger of Revenue, Customs Agency Not on Agenda of Caretaker Govt
- » Bulgaria's Central Bank Holds Meeting on KTB Recovery
- » Car Tolls at Danube Bridge 2 May Drop by 50%
- » Clocks Set To Astronomical Time On Sunday