Harsh Winter Stops Traffic on 1st Bulgaria-Romania Danube Bridge
Traffic on the so-called Danube Bridge 1, linking Bulgaria and Romania, has been temporarily halted due to inclement winter conditions in Romania.
Romanian authorities have stopped traffic on the Giurgiu - Bucharest national road due to heavy snowfall, ice and strong winds.
The halting of traffic on the bridge, between Giurgiu and Ruse in Bulgaria aims to prevent incidents, said the Bulgarian Ministry of Interior.
The Bulgarian road police has organized stations to inform drivers heading to the bridge to turn back.
- » Bulgaria Says BSEC Countries Need to Offer Joint Products to Boost Tourist Flow
- » Bulgaria, Russia Discuss Future of Equipment Built for Scrapped Belene NPP Project
- » Bulgaria to Back Lending to SMEs with EUR 102 M in EU Funds by 2020
- » EC Closes 2012 Power Exports Case against Bulgaria
- » Swiss-Bulgarian IT Firm Wins Most Secure Cloud Platform Award
- » China’s JAC Motors Looks into Opportunities to Start Making Electric Cars in Bulgaria