Bulgaria on Alert over Snow, Gusty Winds
Bulgaria’s National Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology has issued a warning for the entire territory of the country, as harsh winter weather is expected to set in.
Code Orange has been declared for the regions of Vidin, Montana, Vratsa, Pleven, Lovech, Gabrovo, Veliko Tarnovo, Targovishte, Ruse, Razgrad, Shumen, Silistra, Dobrich, Varna and Burgas, where strong winds and heavy snowfalls are expected.
Snow covers of 15 to 20 cm and strong winds have been forecast in these regions.
Code yellow has been declared for the regions of Sofia, Pernik, Kyustendil, Blagoevgrad, Pazardzhik, Plovdiv, Smolyan, Stara Zagora, Haskovo, Kardzhali, Yambol and Sliven, where a snow cover of 10 to 15 cm is expected.
- » Today is the Official Start of Astronomical Summer
- » NIMH: Yellow Code for Strong Wind in 8 Regions
- » NIMH: Weather Will be Sunny, Max. Temperatures Between 26° and 31°
- » NIMH: Rains with Thunders Over Eastern and Southwestern Regions, Max Temperatures 26°-31°
- » Seismologists Do Not Expect New Strong Quakes in Greece and Turkey
- » Mostly Sunny, Max Temperatures 28°-33°, in Sofia 29°