Bulgaria on Alert over Snow, Gusty Winds
Bulgaria’s National Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology has issued a warning for the entire territory of the country, as harsh winter weather is expected to set in.
Code Orange has been declared for the regions of Vidin, Montana, Vratsa, Pleven, Lovech, Gabrovo, Veliko Tarnovo, Targovishte, Ruse, Razgrad, Shumen, Silistra, Dobrich, Varna and Burgas, where strong winds and heavy snowfalls are expected.
Snow covers of 15 to 20 cm and strong winds have been forecast in these regions.
Code yellow has been declared for the regions of Sofia, Pernik, Kyustendil, Blagoevgrad, Pazardzhik, Plovdiv, Smolyan, Stara Zagora, Haskovo, Kardzhali, Yambol and Sliven, where a snow cover of 10 to 15 cm is expected.
- » Minor 2.8-Magnitude Earthquake Rocks Southwestern Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Village of Belozem Declares State of Emergency
- » Bulgarian Authorities Issue Red Code Over Heavy Rain, Strong Winds in Burgas
- » 15 Districts in Bulgaria under ‘Code Yellow’ Weather Alert over Heavy Rain
- » Last Circus Lions in Bulgaria Leave for South Africa
- » Bulgaria Orders Montupet to Halt Aluminium Casting Unit over Suspected Air Pollution