Bulgaria on Alert over Snow, Gusty Winds
Bulgaria’s National Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology has issued a warning for the entire territory of the country, as harsh winter weather is expected to set in.
Code Orange has been declared for the regions of Vidin, Montana, Vratsa, Pleven, Lovech, Gabrovo, Veliko Tarnovo, Targovishte, Ruse, Razgrad, Shumen, Silistra, Dobrich, Varna and Burgas, where strong winds and heavy snowfalls are expected.
Snow covers of 15 to 20 cm and strong winds have been forecast in these regions.
Code yellow has been declared for the regions of Sofia, Pernik, Kyustendil, Blagoevgrad, Pazardzhik, Plovdiv, Smolyan, Stara Zagora, Haskovo, Kardzhali, Yambol and Sliven, where a snow cover of 10 to 15 cm is expected.
- » WWF: Global Wildlife Population Dropped by 50% in 40 Years
- » Code Yellow For Bad Weather Declared Along Sea Coast
- » Heavy Rains Expected in 8 Bulgarian Districts on Friday
- » Bulgarian Environmentalists Hold Protests Against Shale Gas
- » Eco Experts: Bulgaria's Zoos Don't Cover EU Standards
- » Annual Revenues from Illegal Logging in Bulgaria at BGN 100 M - WWF