Bulgaria on Alert over Snow, Gusty Winds
Bulgaria’s National Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology has issued a warning for the entire territory of the country, as harsh winter weather is expected to set in.
Code Orange has been declared for the regions of Vidin, Montana, Vratsa, Pleven, Lovech, Gabrovo, Veliko Tarnovo, Targovishte, Ruse, Razgrad, Shumen, Silistra, Dobrich, Varna and Burgas, where strong winds and heavy snowfalls are expected.
Snow covers of 15 to 20 cm and strong winds have been forecast in these regions.
Code yellow has been declared for the regions of Sofia, Pernik, Kyustendil, Blagoevgrad, Pazardzhik, Plovdiv, Smolyan, Stara Zagora, Haskovo, Kardzhali, Yambol and Sliven, where a snow cover of 10 to 15 cm is expected.
- » EU Greenhouse Gas Emissions Dropped by Almost 2% in 2013
- » Thousands Suffer Power Cuts, Blackouts After Bulgaria's First Snow
- » Bulgaria’s Burgas Calls Off State of Emergency after Weekend of Heavy Rain
- » Heavy Snow, Rain Cause Chaos Throughout Bulgaria
- » Code Orange Issued in 17 Bulgarian Districts Over First Snow
- » Bulgaria's Osam, Vit Rivers Water Levels Increasing Due to Heavy Rains