Bulgaria on Alert over Snow, Gusty Winds
Bulgaria’s National Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology has issued a warning for the entire territory of the country, as harsh winter weather is expected to set in.
Code Orange has been declared for the regions of Vidin, Montana, Vratsa, Pleven, Lovech, Gabrovo, Veliko Tarnovo, Targovishte, Ruse, Razgrad, Shumen, Silistra, Dobrich, Varna and Burgas, where strong winds and heavy snowfalls are expected.
Snow covers of 15 to 20 cm and strong winds have been forecast in these regions.
Code yellow has been declared for the regions of Sofia, Pernik, Kyustendil, Blagoevgrad, Pazardzhik, Plovdiv, Smolyan, Stara Zagora, Haskovo, Kardzhali, Yambol and Sliven, where a snow cover of 10 to 15 cm is expected.
- » Up to 200 out of 700 Houses in Flood-Hit Mizia Are Still Inhabitable
- » 5.1 Earthquake Hits Greek Chalkidiki Peninsula
- » Minor 2.9-Magnitude Earthquake Registered West of Bulgaria's Smolyan
- » WWF Launches River Conservation Campaign in Bulgaria
- » Minor 2.4-Magnitude Earthquake Reported in Southern Bulgaria
- » Brightest Supermoon in 2 Decades to Be Observed Sunday