Bulgarian Govt Envisions Unemployment Drop in 2014
The Bulgarian government is hoping for 140,000 new jobs to be opened in 2014.
The Minister of Labor and Social Policy, Hasan Ademov promised that his ministry will provide new programs for promoting employment. Currently, 4,500 people are employed under such programs.
Ademov said that the government intends to continue providing subsidies for employers who open new positions.
The opposition center-right GERB party has criticized the current government for failing to deal effectively with the high unemployment.
According to various statistics, youth unemployment in Bulgaria at the end of 2013 is between 25 – 30%.
Minister Ademov is positive that the expected 1.8% GDP growth for 2014 will have an effect on the number of unemployed.
- » Bulgaria Submits First Nomination for Global Teacher Prize
- » Road Traffic Monitoring System To Be Launched in Bulgaria by end-October
- » Bulgaria's Stara Zagora Holding 10-Day Beer Festival
- » Children's Museum Opens Doors in Bulgaria's Sofia
- » Bulgaria's Alarm Siren System to Be Tested at 13h
- » New Bulgarian App Gives Information on Traffic, Road Incidents