Nadal Beats Federer to Reach Australian Open Final
Rafael Nadal powered past Roger Federer to reach the Australian Open final and maintain his dominance over the 17-time Grand Slam champion.
The world number one came through 7-6 (7-4) 6-3 6-3 and goes on to face Federer's compatriot, Stanislas Wawrinka, for the title on Sunday.
And the Spaniard, 27, will be a strong favourite to claim his 14th Slam, and become only the third man to win all four majors at least twice.
Nadal was in brilliant form in his 33rd meeting with Federer, overcoming a blister on his racquet hand and, if anything, growing stronger as the match progressed.
- » Bulgaria's Top Tennis Players Off to Successful Start in Miami Tennis Open
- » Potential Majority Owners Withdraw from Bulgaria's CSKA
- » Bulgaria's Borislav Mihaylov Reelected to UEFA's Executive Committee
- » Potential Majority Owner Starts Financial Inspection at Bulgaria's CSKA
- » KTB Majority Owner Withdraws from Botev Plovdiv PFC
- » Pete Sampras Predicts Bright Future for Bulgaria's Grigor Dimtirov