Nadal Beats Federer to Reach Australian Open Final
Rafael Nadal powered past Roger Federer to reach the Australian Open final and maintain his dominance over the 17-time Grand Slam champion.
The world number one came through 7-6 (7-4) 6-3 6-3 and goes on to face Federer's compatriot, Stanislas Wawrinka, for the title on Sunday.
And the Spaniard, 27, will be a strong favourite to claim his 14th Slam, and become only the third man to win all four majors at least twice.
Nadal was in brilliant form in his 33rd meeting with Federer, overcoming a blister on his racquet hand and, if anything, growing stronger as the match progressed.
- » Grigor Dimitrov's Photo is Among the 17 Most Popular For 2017
- » CSKA Sofia Eliminated Ludogorets in the Bulgarian Cup Competition
- » Dimitrov Dive Volley Named Masters 1000 Golden Hot Shot (Video)
- » Ludogorets Faces Milan in the 1/16-finals of the Europa League
- » Borussia Dortmund Changed Coach after Eighth Game without Victory
- » Champions League Draw, Round of 16